This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#71paralyzed21Posted 1/24/2013 4:08:52 PM
i stopped buying ea games all together
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#72AwesomePS3gamerPosted 1/24/2013 4:10:10 PM
LitCandlez posted...
thesnoopmeister posted...
Nonsense. Name me a single video game company that is a registered charity. Money is all.

Valve cares about their fans and makes money.

Rockstar and CD Projekt, too.
#73AwesomePS3gamerPosted 1/24/2013 4:14:47 PM
VandorLee posted...
I laugh when theres some gaming fanatic like "support the developers".

Go save the environment or hug a tree or something. Ill find the absolute cheapest method of playing the game, sometimes getting it free by simply renting with a code and could care less about the poor poor developers.

Well, don't cry when your favourite game doesn't get a sequel, then. I'm not saying all developers/publishers should be supported, I couldn't care less about some of them, like Crapcom, Activision or EA but some deserve to be fully supported by actual gamers, you being a cheap c**t isn't my problem.
#74deprofundis442Posted 1/24/2013 4:15:44 PM
JoveHack posted...
I got Resident Evil 1: Director's Cut and Resident Evil 2 used for the PS2. Like them so much I got Resident Evil 3: Nemesis new for the PC and hated what they had done to the series.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X was just as bad in a different way.

Didn't get RE4 until it was free as part of a deal. Played it a bunch, but that probably puts me even with Capcom at this point.

Dude... RE3 was my favorite. How could it have put you off THAT much when the formula barely changed?
#75NairodmaticPosted 1/24/2013 4:20:07 PM
I try my best to buy any game that I want, from any pub/dev, used or as cheap as I can.

If a company can save x cents or x dollars per disk that they ship by using another distribution company, then do you think that they won't because the drivers may lose their jobs?

Their goal is to make money. Mine is to spend less of it.
---
Maybe video games should cost less than 20 million and take less than 3 years to make. Because $60 a pop is some b*******!
#76GunzleaderPosted 1/24/2013 4:24:47 PM
skyrim. fallout 3. fallout newvegas. ***** beth.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#77ColorBlindMagePosted 1/24/2013 4:25:14 PM
I voted no but I will now. Nino Kuni WE fiasco has made me decide to buy the game used.
---
http://backloggery.com/legendaryhero99
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#78GANONDORFIVYPosted 1/24/2013 4:26:52 PM
i buy mine most used i dotn care to support rich people at all
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#79rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/24/2013 4:27:22 PM
No, of course not, this makes no sense at all.

If I want to play a game enough to buy it at all, of course I want to support the company who made it.

I only buy new anyway, so it's a moot point.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#80Skul_Posted 1/24/2013 4:29:27 PM
Im boycoting capcom. Simply arnt buying there games, with a few excepts, those of which i buy used.
---
cave story is a nes or snes port-DemonDog666
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB; DSi; 3DS; GBASP; Wii;Galaxy SIII; iPod Touch 4th Gen;