This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#81PerfectZedorPosted 1/24/2013 5:38:56 PM
Yes, I am sick and tired of DLC. They take a small part of the game they squeezed in during the development time and make us pay extra for it. I absolutely refuse to buy new games from companies who do this. *Cough* civilization, double *cough* for XCOM. That slingshot DLC was a piece of sh!t.
---
"Did you get your end in all of this, Ramza? I...I got this."
- Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of Lions
#82JustThink1stPosted 1/24/2013 5:42:44 PM
Yup, any of the infinity ward versions of Call of Duty besides the first. My son and wife like them but I won't support them after they screwed everyone with the mess that was MW2.
---
"I'm not scared...I'm singing. My screaming song."
"You're a total wuss."
#83king_maddenPosted 1/24/2013 5:48:56 PM
I wonder how much more these people complain when all these devs they are boycotting loses more and more money, making fewer and fewer games, to the point where gaming will be fairly bare.

will they complain at the lack of games?
#84ChargrilledPosted 1/24/2013 5:56:03 PM
no, thats childish.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#85TJSpykePosted 1/24/2013 6:08:29 PM
I buy a used game if I can't find a new copy (like when I bought Psychonauts) or if the used copy saves me a lot more money, or if I am replacing a previous copy (like when somebody stole my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I was not gonna pay full price to replace it).
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#86BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 1/24/2013 6:32:03 PM
Guilty!
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#87941BlazePosted 1/24/2013 6:34:51 PM
Nope, I find it petty
---
--
-
#88Thor61Posted 1/24/2013 6:35:27 PM
I don't like buying used games unless absolutely necessary because it's too rare to buy new. So no.
#89ShinXaguraPosted 1/24/2013 6:36:57 PM
Kai101x posted...
I don't think about a company when I'm buying games. If I like it, I'll get it.

This. 100 percent
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#90FungumPosted 1/24/2013 6:44:42 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
...You people do realize used games do NOT hurt a single damn thing, right?

Another ignorant consumer. Your used purchase hurts the developers because it shows that you're willing to buy the game, but not willing to pay the developers. What kind of bull is that?

Not reading the rest of this thread, but has someone corrected this poor soul? He's so delusional as to believe a developer gets money from you buying the game.

Developer gets paid for...developing the game. They're paid by the publisher. Either the publishers own in-house studio (e.g. Activision and Infinity Ward) or by an outside development team.
Publishers get paid when retailers buy the games to stock their shelves with.
Retailers get paid when you buy the game.

Not a single used-game has ever hurt the developers. Only the greedy publishers and somewhat less the retailers. Games are not a big profit margin for retailers, either. Walmart makes something like $5 with tax on every game copy. Activision, however, makes something like $57 on every CoD sold to retailers.