This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a used game just to not support the company?

#91CloakedNubPosted 1/24/2013 5:46:45 PM
I've only ever bought 2 games used. CoD 4: MW, and Left 4 Dead.

I much prefer to buy the game new, regardless of whether or not I like the developers and/or publishers. I just prefer a new copy.
#92overmaxxPosted 1/24/2013 6:07:13 PM
This is beyond stupid, why the hell would I do this?

If a game is worth my time, it is worth my money. If I buy a used game, it's because I got a good deal or the game was out of print, not for some upstanding pretentious reason.
#93crazyman32Posted 1/24/2013 6:08:49 PM
overmaxx posted...
This is beyond stupid, why the hell would I do this?

If a game is worth my time, it is worth my money. If I buy a used game, it's because I got a good deal or the game was out of print, not for some upstanding pretentious reason.

This
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#94Still__RippinPosted 1/24/2013 6:13:46 PM
DocDelicious posted...
I buy all games new, except for older titles they no longer make.

Never have I had a grudge against, or "hated", a Developer. It's ridiculous. They're supplying me with more of my favorite pass time. If they put out a game I don't like, I don't buy it at all. Simple as that.

What do your legion of followers think about that PAAGG in your sig?
---
Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper alive.
Currently Playing~ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Demons Souls, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Magic 2013, Skate 2
#95mister yummyPosted 1/24/2013 6:16:14 PM
Never buy new video games. It's a horrible investment. It's like buying a new car, the value drops considerably as soon as you open that wrapper. Go buy it 2nd hand from a pawn shop or off e-bay. You'll save yourself a load of cash, and the industry will be better off for it. There will be an incentive to lower prices to compete with 2nd hand games.

For that matter, play a generation behind. Much cheaper games and consoles. I only just got a Wii last month, and I'm loving it!
---
Every day I get further and further behind in the Human Race
#96BarneyBoscoPosted 1/24/2013 6:17:40 PM
On disc or even day 1 DLC/online pass = I'll buy it used. Anyone who cannot see that the gaming industry is corrupt please explain otherwise. How much did it cost to make the the Avatar movie? Probably more than 200 mil. You can own it new for $20. The game $60 & how much did it cost to make? 1 mil maybe? AAA titles are not much different.

The gaming industry wants a stranglehold like the medical & pharmaceuticals. Kids don't care, until they must pay to live, which happens to us all eventually.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#97TJSpykePosted 1/24/2013 6:21:23 PM
mister yummy posted...
Never buy new video games. It's a horrible investment. It's like buying a new car, the value drops considerably as soon as you open that wrapper. Go buy it 2nd hand from a pawn shop or off e-bay. You'll save yourself a load of cash, and the industry will be better off for it. There will be an incentive to lower prices to compete with 2nd hand games.

For that matter, play a generation behind. Much cheaper games and consoles. I only just got a Wii last month, and I'm loving it!

This argument is so stupid and false. If new game prices drop, so will used game prices. And new games should be more than used games because it's better. It's people like you that make me wish ALL developers will put Online Passes in their games (making you pay $10 if you buy the game used and want to play it online). People like you are why the industry is suffering.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#98gm914Posted 1/24/2013 6:23:20 PM
Voted yes. Ubisoft and EA games, mostly. Or I buy sealed new from EBay sellers.
I
---
SH_NANIG_NS! Just add EA.
#99Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/24/2013 6:39:20 PM
I deliberately bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 used after Capcom's MML3 fiasco.
#100touyamizrahiPosted 1/24/2013 6:45:31 PM
threads like this should be looked at from another perspective.

When you go into mcdonalds, what do you usually buy? You buy the number whatever combo. why? because it's 3 items at a lower price than buying all three individually. Now, if you're some freak who says "Buying new is the only way to support a company" than by that logic, you should be ordering your combo instead at full priced individual items to make sure you're supporting the mcdonalds company. Are you going to? f*** no! you're going to buy the combo because it saves you money so you can buy more of what you want.

99% of the human race has turned into nothing but hypocrites, and it's a sad thing really.

I'm T.M. from GameFAQs, and i'll save money on every purchase to make more purchases!
>:D
---
"That's like saying, "You're not a vegan! You're black!" - RPG maniac87 <3
PSN: KatouKimiko