This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

think sony will let you re-download what you own or cut you off with ps4

#1axelfooley2k5Posted 1/24/2013 2:52:18 PM
they stand to make huge profits from not letting you transfer / re download what you paid for

i hope if you carry over your psn name so you can re download what you OWN ALREADY to ps4
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#2DefYouthPosted 1/24/2013 2:53:59 PM
I would pitch a ***** if I couldn't.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#3Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/24/2013 2:55:54 PM
It's Sony, Who knows...I think I read something the other damn to re-download stuff from your Wii to Wii-U you had to pay a fee...I'm guessing Sony would make people do the same.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#4TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/24/2013 2:57:39 PM
If they want digital distribution to be a success, they'll have to let you bring the content over. Otherwise, the people who currently support it would probably flip to physical media supporters. If it can't transfer, it essentially has an expiry date.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#5Kuebel33Posted 1/24/2013 2:58:29 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
It's Sony, Who knows...I think I read something the other damn to re-download stuff from your Wii to Wii-U you had to pay a fee...I'm guessing Sony would make people do the same.

You can download wii virtual console games you bought to the wii vc on wii U, but if you want to download the same game to the Wii U VC its like 50 cents or 1.50 or something..

You get to the Wii VC on Wii U by going to special Wii menu that like emulates the Wii OS..

There is a seperate Wii U VC coming and games will have new features which i guess justifies the prices... i.e. you will be able to play them on the gampad if they are on the Wii U VC for example
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears3, ZombiU, Blops 2, NSMBU
#6arstosPosted 1/24/2013 3:01:11 PM
one of the few things that would prevent me from getting a ps4, i've spent a lot of money on psn, and if that stuff doesn't carry over to ps4, or if they don't at least keep up the psn for ps3 i would be done. sony needs to be really careful what they do with ps4/psn, because i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in this.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#7axelfooley2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:05:06 PM
yea .......the sad part is they could easily just screw everyone over and not think twice about it

microsoft too with the 720
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#8redsinglePosted 1/24/2013 3:08:14 PM
I doubt it. If Sony was really going to do this they would've already did it with the Vita.
---
Windows 7 32bit | E5200 @ 3.83ghz | 1TB HD | XFX 9800GT | 2GB RAM | PSN: Ferociouscorpion | PSWii | PSP | 3DS | PS Vita
#9gjc2007Posted 1/24/2013 3:10:37 PM
they stand to make huge profits from not letting you transfer / re download what you paid for

No they don't. They stand to piss off and drive away there customer base.
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#10RyuuHou25Posted 1/24/2013 3:15:53 PM
IF, and I stress that word, IF the PS4 will be capable of even playing PS3 games and what not, I can see them charging some fee to transfer it or having some connection thing between the PS3 and 4 to do so.

But I seriously wouldn't count on it people, or expect it. You do not really own anything digital based, you have a license to use said software and that's pretty much it. That's kind of why people continue to decry it, they realize and see the problems with it that many of you just want to ignore.

It'll certainly be hilarious when the thing is reported to not play either PS1 or PS2 games though, which I know is going to happen.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB