This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

think sony will let you re-download what you own or cut you off with ps4

#11RyuuHou25Posted 1/24/2013 3:18:20 PM
redsingle posted...
I doubt it. If Sony was really going to do this they would've already did it with the Vita.

Uh, they did do it with the Vita. Do you have any way of playing those PSP games you bought, those UMDs? No. The only way is to rebuy the PSP games. They already did it with the GO, and it continued with the Vita.

And even then, PS1 support took how long, and still how many games can you not play on there?? PS2 support is coming when? Yeah.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#12DotsAndLinesPosted 1/24/2013 3:24:58 PM
If they didn't that will REALLY hurt PS4 sales.
---
I'm just here to talk about games. Please leave me out of the drama.
#13StopthinkPosted 1/24/2013 3:28:25 PM
Only if the PS4 is properly backwards compatible with the PS3. Those downloads were designed for the PS3. If they have to be updated to play on the PS4, I imagine you will just have you rebuy them when they are re-released.
---
imo for the tight asses
#14Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/24/2013 3:32:12 PM
They're a business so of course they'll do what they can so you can't. A whole library on their next console would be bad business for making new sales.

Besides go ahead and throw a fit, just like PS2 BC.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#15CidastorPosted 1/24/2013 3:46:10 PM
I say if it's compatible then you'll be able to put it on the new system. If it's not you'll have to wait to see if they make it work or not. I doubt they'll go out of their way to make everything 100% compatible though. It's likely they'll let people use same psn names for the Vita's sake.
---
You can't discuss the pros and cons about anything now a days without someone complaining.
#16D E E G SPosted 1/24/2013 3:58:42 PM
Sony has been big on building an "eco-system" based around PSN that spans and connects multiple devices together. The only problem I could see occurring is games not working properly on the PS4 hardware so we'd likely see Vita like support of DD games in which some games work and others don't.
---
<Insert something witty here>
#17mjc0961Posted 1/24/2013 4:01:37 PM
They'll cut you off like they did with the transition from PSP to Vita, and then they'll slowly give it back. Even though it's complete BS and that stuff should have been available day one, fans will love them for it rather than giving them the hate they deserve for screwing it up in the first place.

It has been almost a year, why the hell are there STILL some PSP and PS1 games I bought on PSN that are incompatible with Vita?! You f***ed up massively, Sony!
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#18sinncrossPosted 1/24/2013 4:19:27 PM
why would you not be able to carry your digital items over?

Sony has been pushing digital content big time... they arent this stupid to force you to rebuy everything.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#19RyuuHou25Posted 1/24/2013 4:33:24 PM
sinncross posted...
why would you not be able to carry your digital items over?

Sony has been pushing digital content big time... they arent this stupid to force you to rebuy everything.

Because the PS4 will not run the same as the PS3 and compatability is not exactly high on Sonys list or could push costs up much higher than they want for the PS4.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#20DocDeliciousPosted 1/24/2013 4:41:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the whole "online store" thing is their first step toward moving content from PS3 to the Omni/Orbis. It sure would make things a lot easier.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious