This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF fans, how would you feel if the main heroine was gay/lesbian?

#21Nata5ha5Posted 1/24/2013 4:08:12 PM
With how FF handles romance? It really doesn't matter, because the romance is usually a pretty small part of the game.
#22DefYouthPosted 1/24/2013 4:08:28 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Wow the shear number of people voting against it. Bunch of homophones. It's not like they will kiss...

I'm kind of shocked too. You'd think by now people could get over it.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#23ExtremeLightPosted 1/24/2013 4:09:49 PM
DefYouth posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Wow the shear number of people voting against it. Bunch of homophones. It's not like they will kiss...

I'm kind of shocked too. You'd think by now people could get over it.

People don't changed for years. Nearly less than half the nation is against gay marriage. So you can sort of compare that to this poll.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#24cavebear56Posted 1/24/2013 4:13:47 PM
Indifferent.

Sexual preference doesn't matter one bit (in life or games) to the actual idea/concept.

If it ended up being more focused on the angst and troubles of being gay/lesbian rather than universal themes, then I'd avoid it due to not caring about an irrelevant issue.

Love is love, as long as it isn't harmful (such as hurting others physically or emotionally to what a reasonable person understands it as, keyword: reasonable) the trivial details don't matter.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#25zerooo0Posted 1/24/2013 4:16:01 PM
Or maybe some/most of us wouldn't like playing as a gay/lesbian? Like me who would never touch the game.
---
CoD>Dog Turd>Gaming Community>GFAQS Community
#26TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/24/2013 4:18:52 PM
It depends. If the guy just happened to be gay, I don't really care. If I have to see him kiss dudes, I'm not interested at all. I respect their right to do it, but it would gross me out.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#27ClausudoPosted 1/24/2013 4:19:47 PM
silly_sausage posted...
Clausudo posted...
Hell no. If main male heroine made out with other dude then I will vomit a lot.

Clausudo posted...
http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/adam-lambert-making-out.jpg

Does it bother you?

So, you just happened to have that picture lying around? Hmm? Or did you actually go out and frantically search for a picture of two dudes making out?

Either way, no, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

*facepalm* Why would I go out to take a picture of two dudes making out? You fricking have no common sense. Btw it's from google. I use this picture for an example to make people to disgust and think it's very wrong.

It does bother me a lot. It's very disgusting like a piece of insects.
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#28ExtremeLightPosted 1/24/2013 4:22:33 PM
Clausudo posted...
silly_sausage posted...
Clausudo posted...
Hell no. If main male heroine made out with other dude then I will vomit a lot.

Clausudo posted...
http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/adam-lambert-making-out.jpg

Does it bother you?

So, you just happened to have that picture lying around? Hmm? Or did you actually go out and frantically search for a picture of two dudes making out?

Either way, no, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

*facepalm* Why would I go out to take a picture of two dudes making out? You fricking have no common sense. Btw it's from google. I use this picture for an example to make people to disgust and think it's very wrong.

It does bother me a lot. It's very disgusting like a piece of insects.

Wow. Disgusting. Lmao. Really? Then why would you go through the trouble?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#29PJB-11Posted 1/24/2013 4:22:35 PM
I'm imagining a kind of Chainsaw Lollipop scenario, but with a camp man in colourful shirts cracking wise about purses and hairstyles. I'd play that if it was actually funny. Get someone like Sean Hayes to voice him.
---
Now Playing: ZOE HD, Okami.
#30don_juan_darkoPosted 1/24/2013 4:22:56 PM
I really don't see why it would matter, from the Final Fantasy games I've played (and really all JRPGs) the characters relationships are so innocent/platonic that the characters may as well be neuters for how little it would affect the story.