This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ps3 now 6 million behind 360? wonderbooks fault?

#21kuwab0Posted 1/24/2013 3:47:14 PM
enigma2274 posted...
I don't get it. The 360 only sells like a 1000 a week in Japan and thats a big market.

Xenophobic Japan.
#22TheWarHorsePosted 1/24/2013 3:49:21 PM
enigma2274 posted...
I don't get it. The 360 only sells like a 1000 a week in Japan and thats a big market.

LOL No it's not. Japan is barely even relevant as far as consoles go. They love their kiddy handhelds over there.
---
Intel Pentium II @ 150MHz | 32MB RAM (SIMMs) | 2GB HDD | ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM | CD-ROM | 56k modem | Windows ME
#23Rome218Posted 1/24/2013 3:55:25 PM
Why does any one care? At the end of the day, do we get an award for our favorite console doing better than their competitor?

They just want our money, stop acting like they're your friends. They're companies that only care if you buy their product, but people act like they like the PS3 and 360 on a personnel level.

They both did well, just play what you prefer the most.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#24ShineboxerPosted 1/24/2013 4:00:30 PM
Why does any one care? At the end of the day, do we get an award for our favorite console doing better than their competitor?

They just want our money, stop acting like they're your friends. They're companies that only care if you buy their product, but people act like they like the PS3 and 360 on a personnel level.

They both did well, just play what you prefer the most.

Most people only antagonize the very few that do get butthurt.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#25AwesomePS3gamerPosted 1/24/2013 4:05:20 PM
Auron772 posted...
Even after all my time on the internet/gaming message boards, I still can't fathom how people defend their preferred consoles like the morons in this topic are doing.

Yeah, me too.
#26Rob_the_NinjaPosted 1/24/2013 4:07:51 PM
Guess I should stop enjoying my PS3 more than my 360 because the 360 is selling more. Damn, I sure got Knights of the TOLD Republic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#27DADDYISSUESPosted 1/24/2013 4:13:25 PM
Why does any one care?

They plenty cared 2 weeks ago.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/iceageco/darth_hamlet.jpg
#28devnull520Posted 1/24/2013 4:21:49 PM(edited)
These topics are always funny, specially when they are posted on the side that the "news" is not favoring.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, Sony lost this generation long time ago, basically they went from over150 Millions units sold the previous generation to having a console that for a while could not get a break against its main competitor. Most Multiform games used to run better on Xbox (that is a fact, and yes, I know is getting better, and also I know PS3 has some wonderful exclusives, but lets focus ok), and Xbox Live is way ahead of PSN (keep screaming is free, it does not matter.)

If you crushed your competition the way Sony did the previous generation (153 millions ps2 vs 24 million xboxs) only to be ahead or behind by a few millions units (depending who you want to believe) 5 years into the current generation is obvious that they are not doing as good as they did in the past.

Ponies, xBots, it does not matter, this generation was decided long time ago, Nintendo won with the weakest console (and if you add their DS is no contest) Microsoft proved they are here to stay and gained a significant market share and Sony ... well, they are still in business, so don't worry, there will be a PS4, but thinking you won something is absurd, numbers don't lie.

Peace
#29CloakedNubPosted 1/24/2013 4:22:31 PM
devnull520 posted...
These topics are always funny, specially when they are posted on the side that the "news" is not favoring.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, Sony lost this generation long time ago, basically they went from 150 Millions units sold the previous generation to having a console that for a while could not get a break against its main competitor. Most Multiform games used to run better on Xbox (that is a fact, and yes, I know is getting better, and also I know PS3 has some wonderful exclusives, but lets focus ok), and Xbox Live is way ahead of PSN (keep screaming is free, it does not matter.)

If you crushed your competition the way Sony did the previous generation (153K millions ps2 vs 24 million xboxs) only to be ahead or behind by a few millions units (depending who you want to believe) 5 years into the current generation is obvious that they are not doing as good as they did in the past.

Ponies, xBots, it does not matter, this generation was decided long time ago, Nintendo won with the weakest console (and if you add their DS is no contest) Microsoft proved they are here to stay and gained a significant market share and Sony ... well, they are still in business, so don't worry, there will be a PS4, but thinking you won something is absurd, numbers don't lie.

Peace

No one who participates in these console debates listens to any reason. This will fall on deaf ears.

I'd also pretend to care, but I'm too busy playing my console to be that involved in an inane e-peen contest.
#30Lelouch71Posted 1/24/2013 7:24:56 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
LOL at PS3 fanboys still thinking shipped and sold are the same thing.

I don't give a crap one way or the other which of the two platforms sold more, I just think it's funny listening to all this nonsense that basically amounts to both 360 and PS3 fanboys saying that the Wii is better than their platform of choice. Yeah, they're so busy arguing about who sold more thus making theirs the better console that they forget that they're arguing over second place and they keep saying that Wii is better due to their nonsense "most sales = best console" mentality.

The Wii did well due to casuals, and so far WiiU is shaping up to fail horribly. Those of us with brains saw this coming years ago.

Yeah just like with the 3DS was shaping up to fail horribly...oh wait. Sorry buddy but history seems to screw over Nintendooom sayers. The Wii U is doing just fine for a new system. It will do better once more games start to flood the system. All systems have slow launches. Even the PS2 and DS started out slow but became kings in the end. I wouldn't write off the Wii U just yet.

As for this thread, the PS3 is still behind the 360. Unfortunately some still confuse ship with sold.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"