This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ps3 now 6 million behind 360? wonderbooks fault?

#31Spoiled_ClichePosted 1/26/2013 5:35:58 PM
devnull520 posted...
These topics are always funny, specially when they are posted on the side that the "news" is not favoring.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, Sony lost this generation long time ago, basically they went from over150 Millions units sold the previous generation to having a console that for a while could not get a break against its main competitor. Most Multiform games used to run better on Xbox (that is a fact, and yes, I know is getting better, and also I know PS3 has some wonderful exclusives, but lets focus ok), and Xbox Live is way ahead of PSN (keep screaming is free, it does not matter.)

If you crushed your competition the way Sony did the previous generation (153 millions ps2 vs 24 million xboxs) only to be ahead or behind by a few millions units (depending who you want to believe) 5 years into the current generation is obvious that they are not doing as good as they did in the past.

Ponies, xBots, it does not matter, this generation was decided long time ago, Nintendo won with the weakest console (and if you add their DS is no contest) Microsoft proved they are here to stay and gained a significant market share and Sony ... well, they are still in business, so don't worry, there will be a PS4, but thinking you won something is absurd, numbers don't lie.

Peace

Excelent post.
#32Draconas_LyrrPosted 1/26/2013 5:51:28 PM
devnull520 posted...
These topics are always funny, specially when they are posted on the side that the "news" is not favoring.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, Sony lost this generation long time ago, basically they went from over150 Millions units sold the previous generation to having a console that for a while could not get a break against its main competitor. Most Multiform games used to run better on Xbox (that is a fact, and yes, I know is getting better, and also I know PS3 has some wonderful exclusives, but lets focus ok), and Xbox Live is way ahead of PSN (keep screaming is free, it does not matter.)

If you crushed your competition the way Sony did the previous generation (153 millions ps2 vs 24 million xboxs) only to be ahead or behind by a few millions units (depending who you want to believe) 5 years into the current generation is obvious that they are not doing as good as they did in the past.

Ponies, xBots, it does not matter, this generation was decided long time ago, Nintendo won with the weakest console (and if you add their DS is no contest) Microsoft proved they are here to stay and gained a significant market share and Sony ... well, they are still in business, so don't worry, there will be a PS4, but thinking you won something is absurd, numbers don't lie.

Peace

After having used both, I much prefer PSN. Number one reason being, yes, that it's free (which does matter despite what you may think). I don't want to pay twice to use features that should be available the first time I paid.

Before they changed it, I also preferred the store's layout. As far as speed goes, I was getting the same speed on PSN over wireless as I was getting on my wired 360. (I didn't want to spend $100 on a wireless adapter for my 360.)

Long story short, we can argue opinions all day, but it's going to get us absolutely nowhere.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#33StrongBad456Posted 1/26/2013 5:59:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34rofflchopperPosted 1/26/2013 6:01:10 PM
Fanboys still fighting over who got second this gen?
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#35UniversquallPosted 1/26/2013 6:11:04 PM
You wish
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)