This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted is beyond stupid

#41wigsplasherPosted 1/24/2013 8:03:36 PM
wigsplasher posted...
I agree with you, lol

I think the series would be much better if you only fought a handful of enemies (like in I Am Alive) and spent the majority of the time actually EXPLORING.

I assume you know about The Last of Us? That'll be the game for you. It's I Am Alive, except good.

Yes, I know about The Last of Us; I don't live under a rock.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#42MegaMettaurPosted 1/24/2013 8:04:56 PM
Pretty sure tomb raider does this genre 10x better than uncharted. You spend more time exploring and less time wasting time.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#43SullyTheStrangePosted 1/24/2013 8:08:01 PM
People just don't understand what Uncharted's about. It's SUPPOSED to be an over-the-top action movie. People call it that like it's an insult, but if that's the impression you get then it's doing its job. Don't like it? Then it's not made for you. Feel free to play something else.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#44crazyman32Posted 1/24/2013 8:15:25 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
People just don't understand what Uncharted's about. It's SUPPOSED to be an over-the-top action movie. People call it that like it's an insult, but if that's the impression you get then it's doing its job. Don't like it? Then it's not made for you. Feel free to play something else.

Agreed.The Uncharted series is marketed as an over the top action adventure.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#45GoatJugSoupPosted 1/24/2013 8:17:56 PM
ITT... Waaaaah my game about an indiana jones style treasure hunt involving mythical creatures isn't realistic...

Seriously if realism is your thing go play Gran Turismo although to be honest it bores the s*** out of me.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#46diabolicalPosted 1/24/2013 8:18:54 PM
Lodiss posted...
Uncharted is beyond awesome

Indeed.
#47PhewfusPosted 1/24/2013 8:25:41 PM
Pretty sure tomb raider does this genre 10x better than uncharted. You spend more time exploring and less time wasting time.

That's debatable depending on what genre you're even inferring about.

Also when was the last honest to good Tomb Raider game? Tomb Raider 3?
#48Pato468Posted 1/24/2013 8:40:02 PM
Jordan3690 posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
The Uncharted games are fun as hell, but just don't pay too much attention to the story, and definitely don't try to think about Nathan in particular.

Guy kills way too many people to still be so snarky.

I can't believe I played through 1 and 2 (haven't played 3) and never even thought about that. Guy has killed soooo many people and yet still acts like he's not a mass murderer, that's funny. I'm seeing Nathan Drake in a whole new light, he's clearly psychotic. I mean who makes jokes while mowing down hundreds of people.

Nazis, Russians, Mindflayers...
#49XFactor1Posted 1/24/2013 8:42:50 PM
Play Uncharted 2 first. Then go back and play Uncharted 1.

U2 is a huge improvement over U1.
---
--
#50L0ZPosted 1/24/2013 8:43:42 PM
automatic 7.62x39 is very inaccurate. try tapping r1 instead of holding it.
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]