This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Competetive/Multiplayer Gaming Question

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Competetive/Multiplayer Gaming Question
3 years ago#1
Serious question, I'm not sure what to think about this.

All the time, you hear people say "Don't worry about K/D," "Don't worry about winning," "Just have fun."

What if winning is the fun? I certainly don't want to lose. I never have fun when I'm losing. I just get frustrated. What if seeing that positive K/D is fun to me? Just the thought of other gamers being able to say "I want him on my team." (Though I suck to much for that to happen.)

Then there's the aspect of using something in a game that other people think is broken or over-powered because of it's big advantage. Akuma in Street Fighter, DMR in Halo 4, Smoke Bomb in Assassin's Creed 3, just to name a few. For using them, you have an increased chance to win, get a better K/D, whatever the case. But you also lose respect of your peers (for the most part, not all, I understand some don't care.) Sure, the developers may not have intended for these things to have such advantages but they are still in the game after all. I'd like to use them but at the same time I'd like for people to not hate for using them.

Back to what I was saying before. "Don't focus on winning, focus on having fun." This is so conflicting because for me, winning is the fun.

I also don't understand why I've been playing games ever since I was 5 but I still don't understand why I do in fact suck at all the games I play. Personally, I blame it on bad reflexes and terrible thinking skills. But so many years of gaming must have amounted to something right? I understand the whole "You can only get better by practicing." So what if I've played the game every day since it has come out? Spending several hours each day practicing it. Going to several tournaments and always losing in round 1. Watching videos and observing what other players do in certain situations. Reading forums and talking to some of the best players in the game. Why am I still not as good as them? Does it all chalk down to simply me being naturally selected to not be a good gamer, or even average? (9 times out of 10, I'm below average in a game. Even getting beat by people who don't play the game). I refuse to accept "gaming isn't your thing." It's the only thing I'm interested in.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of the Gamefaqs community. Countless times you've all helped when I've tried figure out something in a game. Be it posts, guides, or something else. I always head here for my gaming needs.
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi
I'm a healing Siren if you ever need one.
3 years ago#2
Bump?
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (3rd Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, and Halo 4
3 years ago#3
*Tumble weed rolls by*
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
3 years ago#4
check the studies on competitive sports and competitive athletes. the same applies.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
3 years ago#5
Gamers have different opinion. You got some gamers have fun by winning and you got some gamers have fun learning from others and learning new tricks. (win or lose)
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
3 years ago#6
More thoughts? Anyone?
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (3rd Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, and Halo 4
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Competetive/Multiplayer Gaming Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived