This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Cant wrpgs and jrpgs live together in harmony?

#21ShineboxerPosted 1/25/2013 7:16:15 AM
JRPG's are unevolved WRPG's from 25 years ago.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#22antoinejonesPosted 1/25/2013 7:20:40 AM
they can.. put WRPGs beck to PC and leave JRPGs exclusively to console like it was last gen... problem solved
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#23Reginleif20Posted 1/25/2013 7:21:57 AM
GOZYT posted...
Is it not acceptable to like both?

They must be in conflict, it is the true order of things
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#24theshovellerPosted 1/25/2013 7:22:57 AM
GOZYT posted...

I like both. I'll gladly play something like, say, Reccettear, Fortune Summoners, Ys, and Hyperdimension Neptunia before switching gears to play Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Neverwinter Nights. That said, I don't dig every Japanese-made or Western-made RPG, but generally I just play what I like and pass on what I don't.

It does really grind my gears though when people try to attack one side or the other with obvious ignorant bias, you know? Not every Japanese-made RPG is a "loli pedo-fest," and not every Western-made RPG is "horrible storytelling and has bald space marines and He-Man in it."
#25Godly_GoofPosted 1/25/2013 7:25:41 AM
Can WRPGs and JRPGs live together in harmony? Yes, in fact they have been doing so on my game shelf for upwards of 15 years.

Can the fans of both though? Hell no :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#26ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/25/2013 7:26:24 AM
They could if the ameriboos wouldn't start flamewars on a daily basis.
#27ShinXaguraPosted 1/25/2013 7:27:02 AM
antoinejones posted...
they can.. put WRPGs back to PC and leave JRPGs exclusively to console like it was last gen... problem solved

This. (IMO)
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#28Reginleif20Posted 1/25/2013 7:27:50 AM
theshoveller posted...
GOZYT posted...

I like both. I'll gladly play something like, say, Reccettear, Fortune Summoners, Ys, and Hyperdimension Neptunia before switching gears to play Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Neverwinter Nights. That said, I don't dig every Japanese-made or Western-made RPG, but generally I just play what I like and pass on what I don't.

It does really grind my gears though when people try to attack one side or the other with obvious ignorant bias, you know? Not every Japanese-made RPG is a "loli pedo-fest," and not every Western-made RPG is "horrible storytelling and has bald space marines and He-Man in it."

What are examples of "loli pedo-fest" JRPGs anyway?
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#29BurgerTime79Posted 1/25/2013 7:39:11 AM
Reginleif20 posted...
What are examples of "loli pedo-fest" JRPGs anyway?

Pretty much whatever anyone attacking JRPGS or trolling chooses. Ni No Kuni has recently been under attack with this claim, and Tales of Graces F did as well.

As someone who plays what ever the **** I want, and can go from an M rated game to an E, the most sickening thing in our gaming culture these days are the people who are so stuck on a genre that they feel the need to flame and insult others who like something else. This goes for attacks on FPS titles, as well as the RPGs.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking