This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

awesome games that never got a sequel?

#91wh0_kn0wsPosted 1/25/2013 8:58:09 AM
Bleu posted...
Vagrant story

---
it's simple. just be nice.
#92todd_360Posted 1/25/2013 9:19:14 AM
Bulletstorm (ending was such an annoying cliffhanger knowing that there wasn't going to be a second game)

Legend of Dragoon (One of the bestgames I ever played back on the PS1. Really disappointed to learn Sony canned it)

Mirror's Edge (had so much potential and just needed a bit more polish to be a truly amazing. Hopefully the rumours of a sequel in the works are indeed true.)

Final Fantasy VIII (my all time favourite FF and one that was pretty open for a sequel compared to others in the series that got one. XIII definitely didn't need or deserve 2 follow up games after being a pretty average FF game. VIII in my mind was fantastic and there was so much time ahead for the characters that plenty more could have been explored.)
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, LOTR: Guardians of Middle-Earth
#93ma9Posted 1/25/2013 9:23:09 AM
Yup, we need Comix Zone (with high quality comic artwork) and Green freaking Dog.
---
The Nocturnalfrolic Designs @ http://manueve.weebly.com
#94RafedxPosted 1/25/2013 9:23:23 AM
Holly_mac66 posted...
Alpha Protocol

I came in to say the same thing, wonder if anyone else in the 10 pages this topic has spawned mentioned it as well. Sure the game had its flaws with gameplay, but damn the story, characters and choices were all done extremely well. Too bad it didn't sell well and no most people who are finding it are getting it used and extremely late so it doesn't count for much, so we won't see a sequel. I was one of the people who bought it late so I am partially to blame. :(
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#95VIIVincentPosted 1/25/2013 9:29:53 AM
Megaman Zero - we are left with a most cliff hanger ending in MZ4. i want more Zero!
Legend of Dragoon - as many people have stated already.
Azure Dreams - this would be awesome.
R Type Final - idk if there is any more but this game was always a blast.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#96jammiesPosted 1/25/2013 9:40:26 AM
bob15x posted...
jammies posted...
bob15x posted...
The one I always wanted, its a MS exclusive, but was Crimson Skies. Love that game.

I thought about that too but didn't post it since it's a sequel itself and figured the gist of the topic is one hit wonders. I could list countless sequels that should have gotten sequels. That is a fantastic game though.

It was a sequel?

Yeah. First game was PC only.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#97TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/25/2013 9:51:51 AM
Bucky O'Hare
Crusader of Centy / Soleil
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Confidential Mission
Kid Dracula
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Haunting Ground
Robotrek
Blade Runner (PC)
#98EseenuzPosted 1/25/2013 9:53:19 AM
LSD Dream Emulator
Godhand
Rez
Killswitch
Black
#99Auron772Posted 1/25/2013 9:53:53 AM
Skies of Arcadia

Not the same world or characters though, more like a reboot so we can explore and discover a new world.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#100_tanjil_Posted 1/25/2013 9:55:04 AM
I feel like 2 games that would benefit from prequels are Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy X, both father figures and company seemed more interesting than the main cast. Jecht >>> Tidus

Games I would like to see a sequel for...

Okami, Capcom needs to give the wolf another adventure
Rouge Galaxy, Level 5 RPG of the PS2 gen
Bully, Probably one of the best things Rockstar ever made
Devil May Cry 5, & 6 apprently Devil May Cry 4's Nero was supposed to have his own trilogy, but it never happened