This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Only thing I can find scary about Dead Space 3 is

#1SophisticationPosted 1/25/2013 4:38:45 AM
The micro transactions...

http://m.computerandvideogames.com/388167/interviews/interview-dead-space-3-producer-on-micro-transactions-and-keeping-the-horror-alive/?page=1#top_banner

Bummer, man... bummer... oh well, they're practically giving it away on amazon... why not buy it? I wish Sony would discount the digital version tho... I'm digital all the way baby.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2killakPosted 1/25/2013 4:40:28 AM
There's nothing wrong with letting an individual pay for the things that others work for.

It's how the real world works
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:43:30 AM
killak posted...
There's nothing wrong with letting an individual pay for the things that others work for.

It's how the real world works

That is true... and I, for one, really dug the demo despite the slight shift in tone and direction. It reminded me of what lost planet should have played like had it been developed by someone decent.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#4howdyneighbor25Posted 1/25/2013 4:45:42 AM
meh atleast its better than all the indie devs begging for "donations" for their games even tho they are over priced in the first place so its not like their hurting for money for a game that only took maybe a year to make. EA has the right idea with micro transactions, those with girlfriends, wives, children u name it can buy stuff they dont have time to unlock
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#5killakPosted 1/25/2013 4:45:57 AM
Yeah it was pretty kick ass.

LOUD surround sound, makes the experience. I'll tell you that much.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#6killakPosted 1/25/2013 4:48:25 AM
meh atleast its better than all the indie devs begging for "donations" for their games even tho they are over priced in the first place so its not like their hurting for money for a game that only took maybe a year to make. EA has the right idea with micro transactions, those with girlfriends, wives, children u name it can buy stuff they dont have time to unlock

You just lost your opinion privilege
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.
#7este914Posted 1/25/2013 6:48:15 AM
I havent played the demo yet, how is it ? Pretty similar to DS1&2 ? Overall likes/dislikes that a noticeable from playing the demo ?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#8ZombiDeadZombiPosted 1/25/2013 9:49:02 AM
este914 posted...
I havent played the demo yet, how is it ? Pretty similar to DS1&2 ? Overall likes/dislikes that a noticeable from playing the demo ?

It's like putting on a well worn in shoe you love to wear.

Be warned though, after toying around with with weapon creation and creating a plasma cutter that fires like a machine gun and has stasis ammo, you'll never want to go back to a normal old plasma cutter.
#9TiaelPosted 1/25/2013 9:51:14 AM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
este914 posted...

It's like putting on a well worn in shoe you love to wear.

Be warned though, after toying around with with weapon creation and creating a plasma cutter that fires like a machine gun and has stasis ammo, you'll never want to go back to a normal old plasma cutter.

That sounds awesome.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 1:05:33 PM
In retrospect, I'm not too concerned about the micro transactions. They are optional and you can unlock the majority without buying anything. Game, while slightly different than DS1 and DS2, was pretty damn slick. The snow crippled Uncharted 2's snow and made it look like jello. Graphics certainly rectum stomp Any Uncharted game, that's for sure.
---