This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which HD collection should I get?

#1NinogerritsPosted 1/25/2013 7:09:17 AM
So I want to buy one of the 3 hd collections of the ps2 mascots (Ratchet, Sly, and Jak) and I can't really decide which one I should buy first. I think I'll get them all eventually, but I only want to buy one now. So which one should I get? And which one has the most content, best story etc.

Also, I've never played any of them, except a very small part (I think the first level) of R&C3 on a friend's ps2.
#2este914Posted 1/25/2013 7:22:49 AM
Hitman HD Collection
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#3oasisbeyondPosted 1/25/2013 7:24:07 AM
I think Ratchet's appeal to more people cuz it's more of a shooter platformer. Sly can be fun, but the third one was kinda weak. Jak, some people love part 1, cuz it's kinda like Mario 64, but some people prefer part 2 cuz it was harder and had guns.
#4Ninogerrits(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:27:32 AM(edited)
este914 posted...
Hitman HD Collection

Didn't you read my question? I was talking about Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter.

Also, I already own 3 of the hitman games on pc.
#5Dorfmann_Posted 1/25/2013 7:30:00 AM
Get the Sly Collection in preparation for Sly 4.
---
PSN - Dorfmann
#6Wario_manPosted 1/25/2013 7:31:07 AM
Ratchet and Clank. 98% of the time when you or anyone else asks a question and its between something else and Ratchet and Clank, go for Ratchet and Clank.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#7Legacy5Posted 1/25/2013 7:31:33 AM
i have played all 3 collections after never playing any of them on the PS2. the first one i got was the Sly Collection because it was the only one out at the time and personally i think it's the best. although it's just my opinion. all 3 are great so you can't go wrong. it's just based off what you feel like playing more

Sly is all about stealth and platforming. the second and third game are more open world too. there are challenges for you to do after you beat the game, time trials, etc.

R&C is some platforming and a little shooting. i only played the first in the collection so far and i didnt like it as much as the PS3 games. i heard they second and third get a lot better. you can play for hours looking for gold bolts and upgrading your weapons. also the skill points are fun to do.

J&D is awesome. the first game is one of the best platformers i have played. the second and third one are drastically different. they are more like third person shooters. didnt enjoy them that much. a lot of collectibles. in the first they're a lot more straight forward and in the open. the last 2 you will be spending hours and hours looking for them to get 100%

in the end it's all up to what type of game you want to play more.
---
PSN- beb_523 I am a Mets fan. http://youtu.be/g3dn2RanPQg
NY Mets will be World Series Champs. not changing this sig until they are. starting 2/23/10
#8este914Posted 1/25/2013 7:34:47 AM
Ninogerrits posted...
este914 posted...
Hitman HD Collection

Didn't you read my question? I was talking about Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter.

ohh.. which 3?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#9Ninogerrits(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:35:17 AM
I think it's a tie between Sly and Jak, since I just saw I can get those for 20 euro each and Ratchet is around 38 euro.

Mmm. Tough choice.
#10Ninogerrits(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:36:16 AM
este914 posted...
Ninogerrits posted...
este914 posted...
Hitman HD Collection

ohh.. which 3?

1, 2 and blood money. So the only one of the collection I haven't played yet is contracts.