This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PSN Store online - Am I missing something?

#1moxxidudePosted 1/25/2013 7:52:17 AM
I have tried downloading demos from the PSN store, tried searching, and filtering (which seems to be broken as it always resets when it goes back to the main page) and I'm not able to download a demo or even rent a movie from the online PSN store - and there are no options that I can see to do that. I'm signed in.

All I can do is peruse the titles that are on the store, but if I actually want to do anything, I'll have to go to my PS3 and download it there. Isn't that missing the point of this thing?

Are you guys able to download demos, purchase add ons or rent movies from the online PSN store? If so, how? Thanks!
---
Here Come The Mummies are hilariously awesome. Check them out on Youtube or iTunes. Great funk band.
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 1/25/2013 7:53:11 AM
The PC store is just to purchase stuff, You download them from PS3
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#3Nightmare966Posted 1/25/2013 7:55:59 AM
You can't download anything (at least yet) from the Web Store. The Store, for now, serves as a way to comfortably place your orders and do your purchases without need to touch your PS3, and, when able, turn on the console and access the Store app/Account Management Download List to get the purchased stuff.

The remote download is in Sony's thoughts, though :)
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#4moxxidude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:03:55 AM
Thanks for letting me know guys. My preconceived notion for what that store was, was WAY better in my imagination. Why didn't they send everyone a flyer in the mail? That's about as interactive.

I can hear the marketing meeting about this:

"So, they will be able to see everything that's available on PS3? They can rent and buy and download then?"

"Uh no. They can just kind of look."

"So, it's static? Like a flyer?"

"Yeah, but a cool flyer that is online!"

"A flyer that's online? I love it. It's old-school meets new-school and together they date casually until they've had too much to drink one night and then, OOPS! They have a baby and that baby is a static flyer on the internet that nobody can do anything with. Am I right?"

"That is uncannily accurate, yes."

"Let's go with it. Also, is there any way to make the PSN store on the PS3 slower? As well, it took me 6 screens to download a demo. Can we expand that to 31?"
---
Here Come The Mummies are hilariously awesome. Check them out on Youtube or iTunes. Great funk band.
#5wvnative03Posted 1/25/2013 8:43:25 AM
moxxidude posted...
Thanks for letting me know guys. My preconceived notion for what that store was, was WAY better in my imagination. Why didn't they send everyone a flyer in the mail? That's about as interactive.

I can hear the marketing meeting about this:

"So, they will be able to see everything that's available on PS3? They can rent and buy and download then?"

"Uh no. They can just kind of look."

"So, it's static? Like a flyer?"

"Yeah, but a cool flyer that is online!"

"A flyer that's online? I love it. It's old-school meets new-school and together they date casually until they've had too much to drink one night and then, OOPS! They have a baby and that baby is a static flyer on the internet that nobody can do anything with. Am I right?"

"That is uncannily accurate, yes."

"Let's go with it. Also, is there any way to make the PSN store on the PS3 slower? As well, it took me 6 screens to download a demo. Can we expand that to 31?"

ROFL. You win the internet today my friend. My friend and I are always talking about what sony was talking about when they gave us that piece of crap new store. This is perfect.
---
RIP 60gb PS3, December 25th, 2006-July 12th, 2012
#6superbuu3Posted 1/25/2013 8:46:41 AM
Never been away from your PS3 long enough to miss a sale or a PSN+ download?
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#7Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/25/2013 8:48:16 AM
When I'm away from home I can browse the store online, see what's been updated. It just adds convenience, which is nice.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon