This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS+ question

#1kenny356Posted 1/25/2013 8:47:16 AM
Does it do anything besides sometimes throw out free games and sales?
---
"my name is kenny and I like your name" - ElRey22
#2TheAxeMurderer1Posted 1/25/2013 8:56:06 AM
You get early access to demo's sometimes and betas. I've made back my investment easily with the free games in my first year.
#3este914Posted 1/25/2013 8:57:05 AM
kenny356 posted...
Does it do anything besides sometimes throw out free games and sales?

Nothing else worthwhile, no
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#4SoliquidusPosted 1/25/2013 8:57:57 AM
Yes. One notable thing to me is the fact that you can back up all your saves Online.

Some months ago, I got PS+ for a few reasons. One of them being so I could back up all my saves Online. I just had a feeling that something was going to happen to my PS3. I am not sure why, but I just did. A couple months later my PS3 gave out on me and I pretty much lost everything. My Games, my Music, my Videos, my Saves and my Online Passes. Everything was gone. It sucked, but at least my Saves were Online.

I bought a PS3 off a buddy a little less than 3 months ago, and I got PS Plus about a week now. I got back all my Saves man. All the ones that Uploaded Online, I was able to get back. Games that I have spent so much time in, and some that I haven't played through yet. I immediately Uploaded my recent saves on my new PS3. For instance, I have spent over 100 hours on Demons Souls, so to lose that would suck really hard. Even tho my PS3 is basically new, I don't want to take the chance of not uploading saves of games that I have spent many hours on. You never know what can happen

So this aspect of PS Plus is fantastic in my opinion. It is only 150 MB of Online Storage, but most definitely came in handy my dude. There are other things cool about PS Plus, but this is one of the stand out things to me
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#5theshovellerPosted 1/25/2013 8:59:57 AM
Soliquidus posted...
Yes. One notable thing to me is the fact that you can back up all your saves Online.

This is handy because it's the only way, short of linking two PS3s together via ethernet, to copy over "locked saves."
#6SoliquidusPosted 1/25/2013 9:07:16 AM
theshoveller posted...
Soliquidus posted...

This is handy because it's the only way, short of linking two PS3s together via ethernet, to copy over "locked saves."

Yeah I wish there was some way we could back up all our saves to a device of some sort. A Flash Drive or something similar. 150 MBs can get used up really fast. Still tho, it is pretty cool to have that option there with PS Plus.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#7theshovellerPosted 1/25/2013 9:08:24 AM
Soliquidus posted...
theshoveller posted...
Soliquidus posted...

Yeah I wish there was some way we could back up all our saves to a device of some sort. A Flash Drive or something similar. 150 MBs can get used up really fast. Still tho, it is pretty cool to have that option there with PS Plus.

It's a gigabyte, now. They upped it a few months back.
#8VigilantStevePosted 1/25/2013 9:08:32 AM
Automatically download and install game patches, automatically download and install games in the download queue, automatically download and install firmware updates, 1 GB of cloud saves, auto upload of cloud saves, etc.
#9roddairPosted 1/25/2013 9:09:41 AM
theshoveller posted...
Soliquidus posted...
theshoveller posted...
Soliquidus posted...

It's actually two gigabytes. One gig for PS3 and one gig for Vita
#10SoliquidusPosted 1/25/2013 9:11:12 AM
theshoveller posted...
Soliquidus posted...
theshoveller posted...
Soliquidus posted...

Really? Hmmmm. I missed that. I'll check it out the next time I log on. I can definitely back up all my saves with that amount of space
---