This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So no Mark Hamill as the Joker in Injustice gods among us :(

#21spectermaster14Posted 1/25/2013 10:24:08 AM
THANK GOD

He ruined the Arkham games with his overacting. Heath still rolls every time this Star Wars nobody is mentioned

Ledger may've been the worst Joker ever. He wasn't playing Joker, he was playing generic psychopath who smacked his lips every three seconds. I'll never grasp the praise he got for the role.
#22Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/25/2013 10:35:07 AM
The new Joker VA sounds absolutely terrible. Even his MKvsDC VA would have been better. Now he sounds like an old man and the laugh sounds so terribly forced.
#23Dave4202Posted 1/25/2013 10:36:04 AM
GradyHoover posted...
1319_13055 posted...
Instead we get the guy who did a terrible job voicing the joker from MKvsDC, Anyone else really pissed of about this?

No, I thought he did a solid enough job, and Hamill claimed to be retiring from doing the Joker voice after Arkham City.

He did the DCUO expansion after AC and he said he's been approached to do the next Rocksteady game. He also claimed that the retirement was just a rumor.

I think Injustice just didn't want to spend the $ it would cost for him, either that or he turned it down since he's not a fan of the New52 Joker. But that's just a guess, it's hard to say without actually being an injustice dev.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#24KaliestoPosted 1/26/2013 8:40:02 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
THANK GOD

He ruined the Arkham games with his overacting. Heath still rolls every time this Star Wars nobody is mentioned

Ledger may've been the worst Joker ever. He wasn't playing Joker, he was playing generic psychopath who smacked his lips every three seconds. I'll never grasp the praise he got for the role.

Joker's behavior in the cartoons/comics wouldn't have translated well into this batman movie series, it worked for past movies, but this series was in another direction to have villains have more realistic behavior, ledger did a good job even if it was your routine generic psychopath
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#25Pawkie07Posted 1/26/2013 8:49:08 AM
Was on the fence about getting this game. Looked like a promising DC game but that joker so bad. I will probably just pass all together now. I will have to have some really good reveals for the other cast of characters who haven't been shown yet. Cause as of now that joker is a deal breaker.
#26spectermaster14Posted 1/26/2013 8:52:08 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
THANK GOD

Joker's behavior in the cartoons/comics wouldn't have translated well into this batman movie series, it worked for past movies, but this series was in another direction to have villains have more realistic behavior, ledger did a good job even if it was your routine generic psychopath

I'd buy that if Scarecrow wasn't in it and Bane wasn't huffing pain killers. That's somehow more unrealistic than his usual super 'roids. Nolan was a bit too inconsistent with his "everything is realistic now" approach. I do agree that Ledger was fine in the role, it's just that the role kind of sucked.
#27MrPhoenixWrightPosted 1/26/2013 9:24:11 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
The new Joker VA sounds absolutely terrible. Even his MKvsDC VA would have been better. Now he sounds like an old man and the laugh sounds so terribly forced.

This Joker sounds like Richard Epcar who did Jokers voice in MKvsDC
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/vgu5gk.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/29vckud.jpg
#28AzureVergilPosted 1/26/2013 9:44:15 PM
zerooo0 posted...
The guy said he was retiring after Arkham City. Which I think this is good, so it can promote other great VA's to perform. I'll take creativity. Also the new guy is good, I like his Joker VA. Still feels like the classic Joker we all know.

He also said Asylum would be his last work... then he came back for City. Its just a matter of money.
#29albanianx1Posted 1/26/2013 9:58:28 PM
I'd buy that if Scarecrow wasn't in it and Bane wasn't huffing pain killers. That's somehow more unrealistic than his usual super 'roids. Nolan was a bit too inconsistent with his "everything is realistic now" approach. I do agree that Ledger was fine in the role, it's just that the role kind of sucked.
lol

If you like the comic character so much and want it to stick exactly like the comics, stick to the comics. Ironman also isn't as cocky/ridiculous as RDJ has made him but I haven't heard people complain about him.. ohh but I haven't read a topic in GFqs as well.

I guess people don't get that if you make comic into a movie exactly piece by piece, it'll turn out into a mess. LOTR that was a trilogy book had to be drastically changed or it would have been an unwatchable mess, according Peter Jackson.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#30spectermaster14Posted 1/26/2013 10:07:03 PM
lol

If you like the comic character so much and want it to stick exactly like the comics, stick to the comics. Ironman also isn't as cocky/ridiculous as RDJ has made him but I haven't heard people complain about him.. ohh but I haven't read a topic in GFqs as well.

I guess people don't get that if you make comic into a movie exactly piece by piece, it'll turn out into a mess. LOTR that was a trilogy book had to be drastically changed or it would have been an unwatchable mess, according Peter Jackson.

Changes are fine and welcome, inconsistencies and changes that take away any personality a character had are bad.