This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So no Mark Hamill as the Joker in Injustice gods among us :(

#51spectermaster14Posted 1/28/2013 7:46:00 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Joker was based on TKJ and his more psychopathic incarnations as a mass murdering nutjob, and they nailed that perfectly.

As a big fan of TKJ, I'm gonna disagree. You can have a psychotic Joker while keeping him... The Joker. And TKJ absolutely nailed it. He did some disgusting, horrifying things, but the clown and freakshow theme is there. Even the titular joke alone has more of the usual Joker theme than anything TDK's Joker pulled.

You haven't read TKJ in awhile, have you?

I haven't, but the point stands. It's not only possible for Joker to maintain his old design and attitude while being a bit more homicidal, it's done fairly frequently in the umpteen different continuities. Ignoring what he did to Barbra and Gordon in TKJ, he was overly brutal toward Todd, showed off some some extreme bad assery in the Under the Red Hood adaptation (Here's a great clip collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOdggdLPLM), even the more tame Diniverse version had no qualms with torturing and reprogramming Robin in Return of the Joker. All I'm saying is, they kept the guy with grease paint, big red lips, and a purple suit, but the fact that he's insane enough to crack jokes and laugh while torturing a child was the unrealistic part?
#52ashnailePosted 1/29/2013 8:09:24 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
Just don't buy the game, if they couldn't get amrk hamill to do the joker they should not have had the joker in the game.

But that means never putting Joker in another game.

Exactly, better no joker than some terrible joker.
---
Armor won't help the heart stay sharp! Shellbust Stab!
#53ViolentDjangoPosted 1/29/2013 8:15:23 AM
zerooo0 posted...
The guy said he was retiring after Arkham City. Which I think this is good, so it can promote other great VA's to perform. I'll take creativity. Also the new guy is good, I like his Joker VA. Still feels like the classic Joker we all know.

He said that after Arkham Asylum as well. And after a few movies where he's done it...

He's always talking about retiring but what he really means if he's upping his price tag.
---
GT/PSN: ViolentDjango ~
Go. Full. Tilt.
#54calhoun1389Posted 1/29/2013 10:19:26 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
Just don't buy the game, if they couldn't get amrk hamill to do the joker they should not have had the joker in the game.

DiMaggio did great in Batman: Under the Red Hood. You should watch that before making that claim. Regardless, eventually actors fade and drop roles, every reoccurring role will have more than one actor if the role lasts long enough. The Joker isn't going to just disappear from video media just because one actor retired from the role. Just like the Iron Man films aren't going to stop being made forever when RDJ leaves the roll.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#55Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/29/2013 12:14:15 PM
theshoveller posted...
I'm trying to avoid spoilers. I got modded once for mentioning which castle the Princess is in in Super Mario Brothers as an "unmarked spoiler," because "spoilers have no time limit."

LOL! That happened to me for mentioning the ending to Red Dead Redemption. Oops.
theshoveller posted...
In case you're curious, Barbara Gordon in a wheelchair. I know Joker shoots her in the spine at some point, and I could swear I read in this big DC History book "thing" that it was called "The Killing Joke."

Yes.
#56ashnailePosted 1/30/2013 2:19:05 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
calhoun1389 posted...

actors fade and drop roles, every reoccurring role will have more than one actor if the role lasts long enough. The Joker isn't going to just disappear from video media just because one actor retired from the role.

Of course they do, it doesn't mean however that i ever have to support anything made with the joker voiced in it ever again. Without mark hamills voice its just some guy in clown makeup not the joker, so i would have no interest in it.

Also i saw under the red hood and didn't like it, ruins everything to see joker then hear some random guy.
---
Armor won't help the heart stay sharp! Shellbust Stab!