This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a Steam Box "PC console" be more appealing to you than PS4/Xbox 3?

#41AsucaHayashiPosted 1/25/2013 12:31:54 PM
glory of power metal posted...
What's the advantage of the Steam box over a PC? I've yet to see one.

have you seen the size of that thing?
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#42arstosPosted 1/25/2013 12:33:49 PM
more appealing, no. as appealing, quite possibly. gotta say i'm intrigued by whats basically a console for p.c. games, all the fun of p.c. games, none of the hassle? sign me up.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#43crazyman32Posted 1/25/2013 12:34:37 PM
No,I already have a PC to use don't need the steam box.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#44angry_cowtipperPosted 1/25/2013 12:35:45 PM
If it has access to all the Steam sales, yes. Otherwise, it's essentially the same thing.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#45deprofundis442Posted 1/25/2013 12:36:27 PM
Rafedx posted...
GradyHoover posted...
Because right now, my feeling is... maybe yes....

Dude, if Steam ever came out with a console that lets you play all PC games with controller support then I would sell all my consoles. lol I know that cannot happen as they would have to rework so many games, but its a good fantasy none the less. lol

I have a very capable PC so I would have no reason to get the Steam Box unless it did something like I mentioned earlier with all games having controller support.

I am curious as to how they are going to handle it as only games released after a specific time are required to have controller support, and only a handful of old games work with the controller. Playing KOTOR2 on PC with a controller would be epic, wish someone would make a mod for it. :/

There's a program called Xpadder. Get it. It will emulate your controller as a mouse and keyboard. Play any pc game with it you want. Works great.
#46este914Posted 1/25/2013 12:36:58 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...

Kind of irrelevant. You dont have any room next to your TV stand in your living room to put your PC?
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#47AsucaHayashiPosted 1/25/2013 12:45:45 PM(edited)
este914 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

Kind of irrelevant. You dont have any room next to your TV stand in your living room to put your PC?

not irrelevant at all.

he asked for advantages... the size alone is an advantage.

me(or anyone for that matter) not having room next to the TV or whatever, now that is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

angry_cowtipper posted...
If it has access to all the Steam sales, yes. Otherwise, it's essentially the same thing.

believe me when i say that the first thing they'll do upon release is market the box alongside a gigantic steam sale.

one thing i'm actually expecting is that they'll bundle it with the valve complete pack at no extra cost.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#48KaiKun91Posted 1/25/2013 1:03:45 PM
If you have no PC or a bad specs PC then yeah.
#49deprofundis442Posted 1/25/2013 1:07:11 PM
este914 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

Not to mention there are pc cases designed to fit on entertainment centers.
#50fallenswordsPosted 1/25/2013 1:07:57 PM
or, you could just wait for "steam for linux" then make a capable PC boot up the linux of your choice, buy a DVI tp HDMI cable and bam, steambox.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/