This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I guess us PS3 owners need to quiet down!

#1ECOsvaldoPosted 1/25/2013 11:20:44 AM
Gamers need to 'quiet down' says CA senator

California senator Leland Yee, whose much-publicized violent game law was struck down by the Supreme Court in 2011, has offered a new message to gamers: quiet down. Speaking to The San Francisco Chronicle in the wake of last month's schoolhouse massacre in Newtown, Conn., Yee criticized gamers and the industry at large.

"Gamers have got to just quiet down," Yee said. "Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry's lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest."

Yee is not the only politician taking aim at the game industry following December's deadly shooting. Politicians in Washington, D.C., as well as President Obama himself, have put forth legislation and orders aimed at examining violent entertainment and what role it may play in real-world violence.

SOURCE - http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamers-need-to-quiet-down-says-ca-senator-6402953

WHO IN THE FRICK DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS?!?!
---
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party. - Brick Tamland
#2RafedxPosted 1/25/2013 11:23:55 AM
ECOsvaldo posted...
Gamers need to 'quiet down' says CA senator

California senator Leland Yee, whose much-publicized violent game law was struck down by the Supreme Court in 2011, has offered a new message to gamers: quiet down. Speaking to The San Francisco Chronicle in the wake of last month's schoolhouse massacre in Newtown, Conn., Yee criticized gamers and the industry at large.

"Gamers have got to just quiet down," Yee said. "Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry's lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest."

Yee is not the only politician taking aim at the game industry following December's deadly shooting. Politicians in Washington, D.C., as well as President Obama himself, have put forth legislation and orders aimed at examining violent entertainment and what role it may play in real-world violence.

SOURCE - http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamers-need-to-quiet-down-says-ca-senator-6402953

WHO IN THE FRICK DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS?!?!

Yeah, just another guy telling us to shut it so he can push his own agenda in peace. **** that waste of space, cannot stand people who have the brass to label an entire group of people as people who lust over violence, and he tells the group he is attacking that we have no credibility? Give me a break.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#3the_great_tidusPosted 1/25/2013 11:25:00 AM
i guess everyone with an opinion would like the opposition to "quiet down" but that's not how life works. Not suprised it's a democrat.
---
Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition master race ^_^
Sony Wins Again
#4TroutfischPosted 1/25/2013 11:27:41 AM
the_great_tidus posted...
i guess everyone with an opinion would like the opposition to "quiet down" but that's not how life works. Not suprised it's a democrat.

Thank you. It's sad that the majority of this country supports the liberal agenda.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#5DocDeliciousPosted 1/25/2013 11:29:48 AM
I mean, he's right...just has the wrong motivations.

The ignorant masses are far too vocal and they are dragging the entire group down.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#6DefYouthPosted 1/25/2013 11:30:02 AM
Troutfisch posted...

Thank you. It's sad that the majority of this country supports the liberal agenda.

I'm a liberal who supports gaming. Your partisan drivel doesn't help anything.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#7EseenuzPosted 1/25/2013 11:30:31 AM
lol filthy politician

"Damn the Patriots"

-Solidus Snake
#8glory of power metalPosted 1/25/2013 11:36:50 AM
So what would the counter argument be? We need millions of teenagers to continue to assure the government that they play violent games but don't kill people irl? Everyone knows the vast majority of people aren't killers, everyone knows people in other countries don't react with the same level of violence as the US does, despite being fed the same amount of violence. It's time to let the big boys talk and sort things out. The extremists who want to ban games haven't been getting their way for decades, I doubt it'll change now.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#9darkus_fPosted 1/25/2013 11:37:51 AM
If we had a lust for violence, I'm pretty sure a bunch of nerds would have infiltrated his house and killed him by now.

*sigh* I blame the patriots.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356
PWB Fav5: Punk, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton, Titus
#10TroutfischPosted 1/25/2013 11:39:47 AM
DefYouth posted...
Troutfisch posted...

I'm a liberal who supports gaming. Your partisan drivel doesn't help anything.

Truth hurts doesn't it? What party do most anti-gaming politicians align themselves with...hmmm I wonder...

Also, remember this guy?

http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/lieberman-fns

Did you vote for him?
---
PSN: Troutfisch