This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I guess us PS3 owners need to quiet down!

#21EseenuzPosted 1/25/2013 12:03:08 PM
lol Super rub a dub
#22ShinXaguraPosted 1/25/2013 12:06:18 PM
Troutfisch posted...
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
These politicians that tell the gamers that they have no place in the violent video games argument is full of bulls$%& and I'll tell you why. The politicians aren't the ones playing the games, not the people in the government, but us, we are. People need to accept both the fact that gamers have a voice and wish to express it from time to time, and yes, video games do have violence, often very graphic violence, but everyone is surrounded by violence everyday. From movies to music, to tv and book, violence is a natural thing in life, plus there's been violence since much BEFORE video games came around but apparently these politicians don't seem to remember the 2 major world wars that we had, and i highly doubt video games caused that. You can't just expect to take violence out of video games and expect it all to go away, since there is more violent media out there, but ultimately, it's not the gamers fault, or even the developers fault when it comes to policing how much violence kids get exposed to in video games, it all comes down o the parent. It's the parents job to monitor what their kids play, and if its acceptable or not. Parents already do it with television and what programs their kids are and aren't allowed to watch, why are they stopping at video game? When a child plays a video game, that doesn't mean that mommy and daddy no longer have parental duties until after timmy is done playing Call of Duty, if anything, you have MORE parental duties, telling the child that what they're doing, is playing a video game, it's fantasy, and if so, taking away the video game until they're at an acceptable age to play certain types of games. With all these reports looking at the game industry and the gamers themselves, it's time to step away from those who have done nothing wrong, and look at the people who have, the parents buying overly violent games like Gears of War, Dead Space and God of War for they're clearly underage children. Parents pay attention to the movie ratings when they take their child to watch a movie, it's time they pay attention to the rating on the video game box when they buy them games now.

Agreed, parents don't take an active role in how their kids entertain themselves and expect the government to step in instead. It's a bad habit and is only letting the feds infringe on our first amendment rights a little at a time.

This.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#23emo_angel11Posted 1/25/2013 12:16:14 PM
ok cause of what happened last dec they blaming it on games what an a55hole that senator is
---
i dont need to "GET A LIFE" I'm a gamer I have lot of lives
#24crazyman32Posted 1/25/2013 12:20:00 PM
Leland Yee is just a pompous ass it's best to just ignore his stupid ramblings
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#25_V1Posted 1/25/2013 12:20:16 PM
Instead of unnecessarily spending lots of money to research this and that, why don't they all just sit and play games themselves and see if they suddenly feel the need to grab a gun and run into a school?

What's that sir? You didn't feel like doing so despite many many hours playing nothing but the same 'violent' games as us? Well shock-motherf******-horror
---
Try harder next time,
Good day sir/s
#26ThePatrickPosted 1/25/2013 12:22:32 PM
*Shhhhhhhhh!*

Pundits and politicians, oh my. "I have an argument to make, but I also would like to ask that those with a differing opinion just shut up. Hey!!! I won my argument! I'm a very credible and intelligent debater!"
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#27ECOsvaldo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:39:22 PM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
These politicians that tell the gamers that they have no place in the violent video games argument is full of bulls$%& and I'll tell you why. The politicians aren't the ones playing the games, not the people in the government, but us, we are. People need to accept both the fact that gamers have a voice and wish to express it from time to time, and yes, video games do have violence, often very graphic violence, but everyone is surrounded by violence everyday. From movies to music, to tv and book, violence is a natural thing in life, plus there's been violence since much BEFORE video games came around but apparently these politicians don't seem to remember the 2 major world wars that we had, and i highly doubt video games caused that. You can't just expect to take violence out of video games and expect it all to go away, since there is more violent media out there, but ultimately, it's not the gamers fault, or even the developers fault when it comes to policing how much violence kids get exposed to in video games, it all comes down o the parent. It's the parents job to monitor what their kids play, and if its acceptable or not. Parents already do it with television and what programs their kids are and aren't allowed to watch, why are they stopping at video game? When a child plays a video game, that doesn't mean that mommy and daddy no longer have parental duties until after timmy is done playing Call of Duty, if anything, you have MORE parental duties, telling the child that what they're doing, is playing a video game, it's fantasy, and if so, taking away the video game until they're at an acceptable age to play certain types of games. With all these reports looking at the game industry and the gamers themselves, it's time to step away from those who have done nothing wrong, and look at the people who have, the parents buying overly violent games like Gears of War, Dead Space and God of War for they're clearly underage children. Parents pay attention to the movie ratings when they take their child to watch a movie, it's time they pay attention to the rating on the video game box when they buy them games now.

Because I totally agree with you 100% on what you said, I left a message on Yee's Facebook page using your response (if you don't mind me using it).
---
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party. - Brick Tamland
#28The_DarkwalkerPosted 1/25/2013 4:43:49 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...
Gamers need to 'quiet down' says CA senator

California senator Leland Yee, whose much-publicized violent game law was struck down by the Supreme Court in 2011, has offered a new message to gamers: quiet down. Speaking to The San Francisco Chronicle in the wake of last month's schoolhouse massacre in Newtown, Conn., Yee criticized gamers and the industry at large.

"Gamers have got to just quiet down," Yee said. "Gamers have no credibility in this argument. This is all about their lust for violence and the industry's lust for money. This is a billion-dollar industry. This is about their self-interest."

Yee is not the only politician taking aim at the game industry following December's deadly shooting. Politicians in Washington, D.C., as well as President Obama himself, have put forth legislation and orders aimed at examining violent entertainment and what role it may play in real-world violence.

SOURCE - http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamers-need-to-quiet-down-says-ca-senator-6402953

WHO IN THE FRICK DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS?!?!

Wha....?! I play mostly puzzle games! What a political dick!
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#29rutsahl_Posted 1/25/2013 4:54:58 PM
He's simply under the impression that all gamers are either children or teenagers, which is not the case. It only proves how uninformed he is about the subject.
---
Get out of my face or I'll messy-wessy you up!
FFXI Rutsahl, Siren server: 75+ blm,whm,rdm,war,mnk,drk,drg,pup,bst,smn,dnc,pld,blu,nin
#30WarhawkPosted 1/25/2013 5:05:23 PM
To quote Al Pacino from Scarface (altered a bit):

"They want to point their [expletive] fingers and say that's why there's violence."
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X