This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think this year's Assassin's Creed will be....

#1bigdeezPosted 1/25/2013 1:13:45 PM
2013 Assassin's Creed will be on what system? - Results (109 votes)
PS3 - Xbox 360
33.03% (36 votes)
PS4 - Xbox 720
6.42% (7 votes)
Both
17.43% (19 votes)
There won't be an Assassin's Creed in 2013
43.12% (47 votes)
This poll is now closed.
what do you think?
#2EoinPosted 1/25/2013 1:18:11 PM
Both. They'll want to capture the biggest audience possible and the AC fanbase is large enough that there will be large amounts of them who are early buyers of the new consoles and even large amounts who will stick with the PS3/360 for a while.

I don't expect the game to be all that much different on the new consoles either - probably just graphical enhancements and maybe some bonus content.
#3este914Posted 1/25/2013 1:19:43 PM
Just PS3... it's probably very close to completion already
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#4Crimson SkysPosted 1/25/2013 1:26:20 PM(edited)
If another AC game does come out it'll most likely be for PS3 and 360. Even if we do get two new consoles in 2013 I doubt they'll release an AC game as a launch game. They'll want to go with the consoles that everyone already owns.

EDIT:
I also doubt that they'd release it for both. Releasing the same game for two different Xbox consoles and two different PS consoles at the same time would cost a fortune and they wouldn't want to spread the game out too thin.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#5deprofundis442Posted 1/25/2013 1:32:30 PM
I thought we weren't getting another one? Isn't watchdogs coming this year?
#6theatrical_catPosted 1/25/2013 1:33:46 PM
Probably PS3/360, seeing as how the new systems don't even have a release date yet.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#7EoinPosted 1/25/2013 1:47:08 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
If another AC game does come out it'll most likely be for PS3 and 360. Even if we do get two new consoles in 2013 I doubt they'll release an AC game as a launch game. They'll want to go with the consoles that everyone already owns.

They released AC3 on the Wii U, as a launch game, despite the fact that very few people owned a Wii U, despite the fact that the game had already been out on the other consoles for a month, and despite the fact that there was no guarantee that many Assassin's Creed fans would own a Wii U at that point.

Given that set of circumstances, it seems unlikely to me that they'd pass up on the opportunity to release on the next set of new consoles at launch.

Crimson Skys posted...
I also doubt that they'd release it for both. Releasing the same game for two different Xbox consoles and two different PS consoles at the same time would cost a fortune and they wouldn't want to spread the game out too thin.

It's not that expensive. With AC3 they made versions on PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii U. Is it that hard to imagine another two machines being added in there?

deprofundis442 posted...
I thought we weren't getting another one? Isn't watchdogs coming this year?

Watchdogs isn't replacing Assassin's Creed or anything.
#8GuardianShadow0Posted 1/25/2013 3:33:25 PM
Honestly, after how bad 3 was, in my opinion, the next AC would have to be godlike for me to care.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw
#9Nextgengamer666Posted 1/25/2013 3:38:32 PM
I hope there isn't one this year. Ubisoft dropped the ball with AC3 and need some time to seriously revitalize the franchise.
---
"Tom Hardy's gangster made my gangster look like Mary Poppins." -Michael Caine
PSN: JaxsemReborn
#10BluntChickPosted 1/25/2013 3:53:38 PM
Assassins Creed Multiplayer is the ish bish!! As long as they have online capabilities I will continue buying them! :P

I've been playing online games since day one and this is my favorite online game ever.. It actually takes cunning not just running around shooting people! I play it so much that I'm pretty much an expert at it now.. People who don't like it just have no skills or imagination, thats why they can't compete! :P

Went off topic a bit there, sorry I tend to do that a lot.. I hope the next one is PS4, I'm still having a blast playing ACIII online, don't need a new one yet! BTW, online play adds so much value to a game.. I've put in 4 days playing time total on just ACIII alone, yes I have no life so what? I still know how to have fun!
---
Move along! Nothing to see there.. Please do not check my Twitter: @BluntChick