This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the most underrated game which you absolutely love?

#141IseleyPosted 1/26/2013 2:36:04 AM
Shadow Hearts (:Covenant) on the PS2. Easily two of my all-time favorites on the PS2.
---
--=*Proud supporter of LGBT rights*=--
It's Ashley or Ash, not bro, or son, or man.
#142iamkumagPosted 1/26/2013 2:43:11 AM
Brigandine PS1
#143PabloDuganheimPosted 1/26/2013 3:35:23 AM
mybadlife posted...
The Saboteur

Yes, it's another form of GTA, but the setting, disguise system, tower climbing and controls. I would've paid full price for it, but since the ratings were so brutal, there was an instant price drop. Should have picked it up for the 360, too. It was THAT fun that I don't mind having it for both systems.

I was just thinking of The Saboteur too. It was a decent game and I had a good time playing it. From what I read about it, a lot of the lack of polish comes from the fact that the studio that made it was shutting down while they were trying to finish up the game and they just barely got it out. it's a shame, because with more time and polish, it might have been better received. A follow up game could have had a lot of potential too.

Probably my personal two nagging beefs with it were the insane amount of non-essential repetitious targets, like bombing those hundreds and hundreds of identical posts and also the double edge sword of climbing. The mechanic could be interesting at times, but it was also sketchy at best. You see a big, tasty looking building and take the effort to climb to the top only to find that there's barbed wire or something at the very top that blocks you at the last moment and then there's no quick or efficient way down. I would have given anything for parachutes or some sort of Ezio styled hay bales. Oh well, minor beefs.

I think my favorite moment was using AA guns to get to full alert and then having to hoof it a long distance across the map thru hordes of really angry Germans to one of the safe zones while on almost no health. Loved the use of color too. Reminded me a bit of Schindler's List at times. Never got tired of taking out zeppelins either! All in all, it was a fun game and it's too bad no one will probably ever try a fresh rehash of the property......
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#144athurdentPosted 1/26/2013 3:43:59 AM
last remnant, (xbox360/pc) love the battles they are so good!
eternal sonata (ps3) its really beautiful and the music is awesome (and that's no including Chopin's peices)
la pucelle tactics (ps2)
final fantasy x-2 (ps2) loved the music and thought it was fun and not serious
---
In the beginning the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
#145Mutant1988Posted 1/26/2013 3:50:41 AM
The Saboteur

I would have liked The Saboteur so much more it it tried to emulate Mercenaries - Playground of Destruction rather than Assassin's Creed.

The climbing was just too clunky, slow and repetitive. Mechanically so, as you had to press X (Or A in my case, 360 version) a couple of million times. The game trying to be a stealth game with infinite enemy reinforcements also didn't work for me. It was far too easy for a hiding spot to be rendered unusable (Because enemies just kept on spawning), bar the ones on top of buildings and it was just more fun to fight yet doing so wasn't encouraged and ultimately got you killed.

I did like the actual combat mechanics though, stealthily trying to take out targets (Loved the free roam demolition targets) and having the freedom of using any vehicle. So everything that reminded me of Mercenaries really (Apart from the whole stealth aspect, Mercenaries didn't really do stealth outside of hiding your face while driving around in faction appropriate vehicles).

Honestly, I should get back to playing this and finish it. But yeah, just felt like sharing the issues I had with it.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#146pautenPosted 1/26/2013 3:59:57 AM
Oh I forgot to add...Resident Evil 6! I really enjoyed it.
#147xngenPosted 1/26/2013 4:04:44 AM
...shadowman on dreamcast/pc
#148YggdrasillePosted 1/26/2013 4:29:54 AM
Suikoden V. Loved that game, spent almost 200 hours on it, just exploring, experimenting with runes and battle formations, levelling up favorite characters, developing my headquarters and so on. Just wish Konami could release the new Suikoden game on PS3 or Vita. >_<
---
Playing: DOA5 (PS3), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), Tales of Graces F, Atelier Meruru, Persona 4 Golden; Waiting for: Ni No Kuni, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia
#149AnclationPosted 1/26/2013 4:42:04 AM
Easily the N64 Castlevania games, so many good memories..
#150Reginleif20Posted 1/26/2013 5:03:43 AM
Tales of Vesperia(?)
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it