This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What You Consider Most Important in a Video Game and Why?

#1KotomineKireiPosted 1/25/2013 5:59:30 PM
Most Important Part of a Game? - Results (143 votes)
Graphics(How pretty the game is)
2.8% (4 votes)
Gameplay(How enjoyable and smooth the game mechanics are)
64.34% (92 votes)
Innovation(Things not seen before in other games)
2.1% (3 votes)
Multi-player(Being able to play co-op or versus with friends/players)
0.7% (1 votes)
Story(Why you're character is doing what he or she is doing)
19.58% (28 votes)
Audio(How nice the voices, music, and sounds are)
0.7% (1 votes)
Content(How much there is to do in the game after it's finished)
4.9% (7 votes)
Other
4.9% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've noticed that some people say they prefer better graphics over other parts of a game, thus why I'm making this poll.
Personally, I think gameplay is the most important part in a game.
After all, what worth is playing a game without good gameplay?
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#2Crimson SkysPosted 1/25/2013 6:04:10 PM
For me it's a balance between story and gameplay. The story can be mediocre as long as the gameplay's good and visa-versa.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3PJB-11Posted 1/25/2013 6:06:23 PM
For me, gameplay - is it fun? That's what matters the most.
I can't quantify or describe fun. It's just what I know I like.

Second place, amount of content - I want a game I can put plenty of hours into.

Third place is audio - more important than graphics for me. I want atmospheric music, ambient sounds and GOOD voice acting. Anything with relatively big-name actors playing parts, like Dishonored, grabs my attention, because there's nothing more distracting than unenthusiastic voice acting.
---
Now Playing: ZOE HD, Okami.
#4LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/25/2013 6:09:19 PM
Gameplay that's fun, but it has to be combined with GOOD game design.

Case in point: Sonic Unleashed. It was a fun game, but it was mindless fun. The game design was terrible.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#5DocDeliciousPosted 1/25/2013 6:10:36 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
For me it's a balance between story and gameplay. The story can be mediocre as long as the gameplay's good and visa-versa.

This.
---
DmC, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Mass Effect Trilogy, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, King's Field, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross
PSN: DocDelicious
#6TIGERJACKS0NPosted 1/25/2013 6:11:15 PM
Graphics imo. Gameplay comes next. All games and their gameplay become repetitive and dull at some point. So if games want to hold up to real standards they need to look pretty. Sorry but no one wants to play minecraft with its outdated "stylistic" 8 bit graphic look. Would've been so much better if it had real graphics.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#7majin nemesisPosted 1/25/2013 6:19:13 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Crimson Skys posted...

This.

this too
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#8ExtremeLightPosted 1/25/2013 6:21:02 PM
Why just one?

How about All of the Above??
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#9KotomineKirei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:25:27 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
Graphics imo. Gameplay comes next. All games and their gameplay become repetitive and dull at some point. So if games want to hold up to real standards they need to look pretty. Sorry but no one wants to play minecraft with its outdated "stylistic" 8 bit graphic look. Would've been so much better if it had real graphics.

Minecraft has texture packs that make it look better...but if you mean the blocky part, well, it kind of fits with it's LEGO-like gameplay, though I've heard someone was making a game like Minecraft with smoother, less block-like parts.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#10GoatJugSoupPosted 1/25/2013 6:27:16 PM
Gameplay and Story together, if either one of those is too terrible it makes for a bad experience although if one of them is excellent it can overcome the shortcomings of the other. Ideally as said before in this topic a balance between them is best.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken