This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What You Consider Most Important in a Video Game and Why?

#11zinformantPosted 1/25/2013 6:27:48 PM
'Story(Why you're character is doing what he or she is doing)'

Huh? This reminds me that good editing is paramount. Playing a game that looks like it was thrown together and typed up by a kid is painful.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#12KotomineKirei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:27:49 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Why just one?

How about All of the Above??

I was asking which is the most important of them.
Like, if you were thinking of a good game you've played, which part comes to mind first that made you like it?
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#13chiefofsb78Posted 1/25/2013 6:28:13 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
Graphics imo. Gameplay comes next. All games and their gameplay become repetitive and dull at some point. So if games want to hold up to real standards they need to look pretty. Sorry but no one wants to play minecraft with its outdated "stylistic" 8 bit graphic look. Would've been so much better if it had real graphics.

I agree im all about new tech i dont wanna play a game in this day and age that looks like something i already played years ago if so i would just stick to playing old games and dont waste my money on new games
#14DrunkBeardGuyPosted 1/25/2013 6:29:10 PM
In general? Gameplay

Now? Pretty much all of that. We need reasons for stuff we do in games now, and if the graphics aren't up to snuff and the gameplay isn't very good, it just doesn't work.

But, you can have the greatest looking game, with the finest story ever told, but if it's not fun to play, it doesn't really matter.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
#15agrissaPosted 1/25/2013 6:31:09 PM
Nowadays I look for innovation. Good gameplay is nice, but after the 15th time it gets really old. Unfortunately innovation is REALLY lacking this gen.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#16KotomineKirei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:32:03 PM
zinformant posted...
'Story(Why you're character is doing what he or she is doing)'

Huh? This reminds me that good editing is paramount. Playing a game that looks like it was thrown together and typed up by a kid is painful.

Oops, I forgot to correct that one.
I habitually write "you're" most of the time and go back to correct it.

I agree though, playing a game where the writing is unprofessional and the grammar is incorrect, can at times be excruciating.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#17ExtremeLightPosted 1/25/2013 6:38:26 PM
KotomineKirei posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Why just one?

How about All of the Above??

I was asking which is the most important of them.
Like, if you were thinking of a good game you've played, which part comes to mind first that made you like it?

In that case I would go for graphic first, then innovation, and then gameplay.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#18silly_sausagePosted 1/25/2013 6:58:49 PM
Fanservice. There has to be at least four attractive busty women between the ages 30-55 before I'll even look at a game.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#19TheStattlerPosted 1/25/2013 7:07:28 PM
Story by far.

A game with a great story can make me overlook lacklustre gameplay.

A game with great gameplay will bore me if it has no or a lacklustre story.
---
OFFICIAL BOY WHO WAITED OF THE DOCTOR WHO BOARD
Stattox.....REBORN!
#20ElBorak77Posted 1/25/2013 7:49:18 PM
enjoyability.
---
PSN El_Borak_77