This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What You Consider Most Important in a Video Game and Why?

#31Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/25/2013 9:42:29 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
silly_sausage posted...
Fanservice. There has to be at least four attractive busty women between the ages 30-55 before I'll even look at a game.

This too, and they need to nake great use of the graphics

Slip?
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#32zinformantPosted 1/25/2013 9:44:16 PM
morphinapg posted...
There are only some game types that can be fine with lacking story as long as they have great gameplay, but for most games, you need a good story.

Oh, man, Mario Tennis and Dead or Alive have such riveting stories!
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#33SightoPosted 1/25/2013 9:57:37 PM
Dead or Alive's is actually pretty great for some characters.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#34CatalystGuitar18Posted 1/26/2013 12:17:54 AM
Other - Design.

Every element on that list needs to all be encompassed in an overarching design that is clean, consistent, and makes every sub element make sense in relation to one another. A game can have an amazing story but subpar gameplay, such as Spec Ops: The Line, but the overall design accounts for these flaws and makes it all okay. Same with Journey. Amazing graphics, gameplay, and audio, but the story isnt anything special.
---
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
#35jammiesPosted 1/26/2013 12:25:42 AM
Definitely gameplay.

You_Need_A_Life posted...
This poll is a blatant lie. If Gameplay was the most important thing to people, they wouldn't stand for this bogus Health Regen standard, Checkpoints every two steps you take, cinematic set-pieces every three minutes, and totally linear layout that leaves no room for thought or options.

That's like saying you can't enjoy cake unless it has no icing.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#36ReD_ToMaToPosted 1/26/2013 12:41:53 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
For me it's a balance between story and gameplay. The story can be mediocre as long as the gameplay's good and visa-versa.

---
PSN: ReD_ToMaTo
#37AlexhondaFTWPosted 1/26/2013 1:18:30 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
For me it's a balance between story and gameplay. The story can be mediocre as long as the gameplay's good and visa-versa.

What he said but for me there must always be somewhat good gameplay in every game(It is afterall a... you know... GAME :P).

For example I could not get myself to play Dragon Age past a 6-7 hours savefile... I could not stand the gameplay even if the story was compelling. It gathered dust for 3-4 months, I tried again and stopped after like 3-4 hours.

Then I sold it to GS for like 4$ :P lol I can buy 4 nice coasters instead of having only that one!! XD
---
FRENCH MOTHERF**KER???Do YOU speak it??? No? then bare with me for the bad english because I'm French(Canada :D) and try my best!