This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What You Consider Most Important in a Video Game and Why?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What You Consider Most Important in a Video Game and Why?
4 years ago#31
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
silly_sausage posted...
Fanservice. There has to be at least four attractive busty women between the ages 30-55 before I'll even look at a game.

This too, and they need to nake great use of the graphics

Slip?
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
4 years ago#32
morphinapg posted...
There are only some game types that can be fine with lacking story as long as they have great gameplay, but for most games, you need a good story.

Oh, man, Mario Tennis and Dead or Alive have such riveting stories!
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
4 years ago#33
Dead or Alive's is actually pretty great for some characters.
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
4 years ago#34
Other - Design.

Every element on that list needs to all be encompassed in an overarching design that is clean, consistent, and makes every sub element make sense in relation to one another. A game can have an amazing story but subpar gameplay, such as Spec Ops: The Line, but the overall design accounts for these flaws and makes it all okay. Same with Journey. Amazing graphics, gameplay, and audio, but the story isnt anything special.
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
4 years ago#35
Definitely gameplay.

You_Need_A_Life posted...
This poll is a blatant lie. If Gameplay was the most important thing to people, they wouldn't stand for this bogus Health Regen standard, Checkpoints every two steps you take, cinematic set-pieces every three minutes, and totally linear layout that leaves no room for thought or options.

That's like saying you can't enjoy cake unless it has no icing.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
4 years ago#36
Crimson Skys posted...
For me it's a balance between story and gameplay. The story can be mediocre as long as the gameplay's good and visa-versa.
PSN: ReD_ToMaTo
4 years ago#37
Crimson Skys posted...
For me it's a balance between story and gameplay. The story can be mediocre as long as the gameplay's good and visa-versa.

What he said but for me there must always be somewhat good gameplay in every game(It is afterall a... you know... GAME :P).

For example I could not get myself to play Dragon Age past a 6-7 hours savefile... I could not stand the gameplay even if the story was compelling. It gathered dust for 3-4 months, I tried again and stopped after like 3-4 hours.

Then I sold it to GS for like 4$ :P lol I can buy 4 nice coasters instead of having only that one!! XD
FRENCH MOTHERF**KER???Do YOU speak it??? No? then bare with me for the bad english because I'm French(Canada :D) and try my best!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What You Consider Most Important in a Video Game and Why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived