This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$15 on PSN, bank it or spend it? (13 for '13 sale)

#1imsalingawayPosted 1/25/2013 7:42:51 PM
I bought a few things from the PSN sale today. Unfinished Swan, Machinarium, and Psychonauts for a start. I'm still debating buying more games though, mostly because these sale prices are so good for PS+. So the others ones I'm considering getting are...

Jak and Daxter ($2)
Jet Set Radio ($2.50)
Ratchet and Clank ($3.75)
Nights into Dreams ($2.50)
Shank 2 ($2.50)
LittleBigPlanet Karting ($10)

Mostly I'm just asking because I've never played any of these series. I also own a lot of other games on the PSN already, so for the moment I'll either just take advantage of these sales or wait for another interesting PSN game. Lone Survivor is supposed to be coming out later this year sometime, maybe even Fez.
#2MikeFitzy22Posted 1/25/2013 7:50:33 PM
jak and daxter is a great platformer if you never played it when it was first released...def worth the 2 bucks!!!
---
PSN: Fitzy2125
Playing: Far Cry 3, DmC, Borderlands 2, NHL 13
#3Wozman23Posted 1/25/2013 7:53:45 PM
They're all great deals. Ratchet & Clank (my all time favorite franchise) and Jak & Daxter are some of the best games from last generation, and they still hold up well today. The Shank franchise is great if you enjoy old school 2D brawlers. It's one of my favorite downloadable series.

I was a disappointed with LBPK, but for $10 it's hard to argue. Many people liked it; I just thought it was a step backwards that abandoned a lot of ModNation's strengths.
---
Recently Played: Snapshot, Borderland 2, Sound Shapes, DmC, The Cave
Anticipating: Sly, Dead Space, GoW Ascension, Guacamelee, Puppeteer
#4Crimson SkysPosted 1/25/2013 7:55:18 PM
Get $5 more and spend it on Okami HD.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#5imsalingaway(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:06:07 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
Get $5 more and spend it on Okami HD.

Already got it.

Yeah in a way this was sort of a R&C vs J&D fight in my mind. I've heard Ratchet is the better game series, true?
#6Marnex15Posted 1/25/2013 8:30:13 PM
R&C 2 and 3 > Entire Jak series

Jak 1 > R&C 1
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com