This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are people really worried about the future of gaming industries?

#1OEIO999Posted 1/26/2013 12:35:36 AM(edited)
Because by my account, any company that hasn't been effected by corporate greed and/or bureaucracy (EA, Capcom, SE, Activision, Nintendo) should be fine. More so, I'm sure in time all the these corrupted and flawed companies (or set straight) will be weeded out to pave the way for future gaming companies. Also its not like we are going lose out on all the top devs, may the likes of Rockstar, Valve, Bethesda, Konami and to a lesser degree Ubisoft, Sony never loose their touch on making great games
#2Ke7hplPosted 1/26/2013 12:36:52 AM
I'm honestly not too worried. I feel that the indie developers are going to start making a big picture, and we will see less of gaming companies.

THQ just had it's last day today and Atari just claimed for bankruptcy not too long ago.
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#3hambaconeggPosted 1/26/2013 12:40:01 AM
Because microtransactions.
#4Ke7hplPosted 1/26/2013 12:44:50 AM
hambaconegg posted...
Because microtransactions.

I wouldn't necessarily blame it only on Microtransactions, but yes they do cause some controversy. I'd say because most people aren't willing to cough up $60 +tax for a game, another $20+ for some DLC, which really isn't DLC, it's just an unlock code for something that's in the game. Most people like myself try to abuse the Gamestop Return Policy on Pre-owned games. Companies don't make hardly any profit, if any at that. But the companies got a little smarter by creating an Online Pass, which you get for free on new games, but if you're pre-owned then you gotta give us $10.
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#5jrr18Posted 1/26/2013 2:40:41 AM
Nope
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#6Zax77Posted 1/26/2013 2:46:52 AM
I'm worried because if PS4 doesn't price anything right its going to fail in the first 2 years which is honestly a shame considering PSX and PS2 dominated. It's to much of a tragedy for something to come in, have great success, and fail because of poor marketing when the past generations were profitable. If playstation dies it will be more of a blow than sega imo
---
Got bored and built my game collection, check it out bra's because I have nothing clever for a Sig
#7squall1981Posted 1/26/2013 3:58:36 AM
day 1 dlc content
on disk locked data
activasion keys
download only games
dlc content which was obviously held back from the main game
micro transactions
poor games that lack content (ie ff13)
endless ports
catering to the scrubs etc etc

gaming has gone downhill so much this gen, thankfully there are still some gems out there but every gen gets worse imo as companies are getting greedier and finding new ways of milking gamers, if i could afford a top range pc i would prob start pc gaming.

If as rumoured the next gen will lock out used games i won't even bother with it, besides i still havent played 90% of games from ps2/ps3 eras
---
trolls and fanboys are the same just working on different ends of the spectrum.
#8groz24Posted 1/26/2013 5:22:25 AM
I'm not worried, but it's hard not to believe that some sort of change is coming. Even so, the gaming industry isn't going to go away, because there will always be money to be made for creative and talented people.