This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dedicated gamers, I ask for your advice. What should I buy?

#1PoorCountryPosted 1/26/2013 1:04:55 AM
These are what I'm looking at: - Results (65 votes)
Threads of Fate
4.62% (3 votes)
Primal
3.08% (2 votes)
Odin Sphere
15.38% (10 votes)
Bully
32.31% (21 votes)
Parasite Eve 2
12.31% (8 votes)
Dino Crisis 2
9.23% (6 votes)
Legend of Mana
16.92% (11 votes)
Ring of Red
0% (0 votes)
Some Arc the Lad game.
1.54% (1 votes)
The Great Sorceror's Maze!!
4.62% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
My search for games set in the Scottish Highlands has led me to these, but as it's such a sizable selection I'm having trouble deciding which to buy on my own. Before anyone thinks otherwise, I am doing my own research, but I don't want to see so much that I'm spoiled, so I'm asking for the guidance of those who have played these games.

Sorceror's Maze is a joke option. It's clearly not set in the Scottish Highlands, so don't vote for it.
#2X_Brahms_XPosted 1/26/2013 1:08:25 AM
Havent played that whole list. IMPO, Dino Crisis 2, then Parasite Eve 2
---
PSN: Ocelot_X_
#3Ke7hplPosted 1/26/2013 1:09:11 AM
Legend of Mana
---
When you talk like that I know something is up, and when you smell like that it means somebody must die.
Watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc
#4PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:11:03 AM
Ke7hpl posted...
Legend of Mana

You say Legend of Mana, but you didn't vote for it.
#5PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:11:43 AM
X_Brahms_X posted...

I'm taking your advice into consideration. I have 14 dollars so I could buy both.
#6X_Brahms_XPosted 1/26/2013 1:47:03 AM
PoorCountry posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...

I'm taking your advice into consideration. I have 14 dollars so I could buy both.

Dino Crisis 2 has great run n gun system. Great replay value, and Regina is a good main. Parasite Eve 2 is an excellent RPG. I actually preferred it to FF back then. Its got after game-type dungeon like most old TriAce, Enix games. Its a building with 150 floors I think. Once you beat it you get a Gunblade similar to FF8. Legend of Mana is great, but to me it gets a little boring after 20+ hours as theres no story driving it really.
---
#7PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:55:22 AM
X_Brahms_X posted...
PoorCountry posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...

Dino Crisis 2 has great run n gun system. Great replay value, and Regina is a good main. Parasite Eve 2 is an excellent RPG. I actually preferred it to FF back then. Its got after game-type dungeon like most old TriAce, Enix games. Its a building with 150 floors I think. Once you beat it you get a Gunblade similar to FF8. Legend of Mana is great, but to me it gets a little boring after 20+ hours as theres no story driving it really.

I like Regina, too.

Are you sure you're not talking about the first Parasite Eve? The Chrysler building? The second one's more survival horror, I thought.

About Legend of Mana, by "no story", what exactly do you mean? Some people who say "no story" just mean that there's little main plot progression. I'm okay with that if there's still a lot of dialogue and side-story stuff. But if it's actually mostly just "go here and kill things", then yeah, that'd get pretty boring.
#8X_Brahms_XPosted 1/26/2013 2:00:11 AM
PoorCountry posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...
PoorCountry posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...

I like Regina, too.

Are you sure you're not talking about the first Parasite Eve? The Chrysler building? The second one's more survival horror, I thought.

About Legend of Mana, by "no story", what exactly do you mean? Some people who say "no story" just mean that there's little main plot progression. I'm okay with that if there's still a lot of dialogue and side-story stuff. But if it's actually mostly just "go here and kill things", then yeah, that'd get pretty boring.

Parasite Eve, yea your right, sorry its been years. Legend of Mana like has literally no story. It gets lost with very minimal dialogue. It focuses on the combat system. You lvl up weapon types for skills like a job system. The game has coop, which adds to the fun, but still gets redundant. You have to really love JRPGs to fully enjoy LoM.
---
#9PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:03:45 AM
X_Brahms_X posted...
PoorCountry posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...
PoorCountry posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...

I like Regina, too.

Parasite Eve, yea your right, sorry its been years. Legend of Mana like has literally no story. It gets lost with very minimal dialogue. It focuses on the combat system. You lvl up weapon types for skills like a job system. The game has coop, which adds to the fun, but still gets redundant. You have to really love JRPGs to fully enjoy LoM.

That sucks. I liked the art style. Too bad.

Leaning towards Dino Crisis 2 and Parasite Eve 2. Would like to hear more opinions on Threads of Fate, Odin Sphere and Primal before I commit.
#10AlexhondaFTWPosted 1/26/2013 2:04:05 AM
I voted for Bully!!! :D

I know I will give in eventually and buy the ps2 classic, the only question is... When!?!?

If you never played it's a nice R* story(Back in the days of GTA:SA when they put in more humour in) and unique sandbox experience. Just don't expect some GTA style guns blazing action and car chases. You are playing as a kid in the game after all! :D

PS: just writting this makes me want to get it even more... Damn you nostalgia!!*shakes fist in the air* >:(
---
FRENCH MOTHERF**KER???Do YOU speak it??? No? then bare with me for the bad english because I'm French(Canada :D) and try my best!