This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game that can be played with only one arm.

#51gtaking5Posted 1/26/2013 12:12:06 PM
Sexy Beach
3D Custom Girl
---
Where in the world did the time go? It's where your spirit seems to roam
Like losing faith to our abandon or a empty hallway from a broken home
#52PHEEliNUXPosted 1/26/2013 12:13:33 PM
the_requiem posted...
plo617 posted...
Actually I have the same question but on a more serious note. A friend of mind had a stroke a few months ago and lost the use of his left arm. What games can I recommend him?

Try Rainbow Moon. I played it while recovering from a thumb injury. Turn based SRPG with light SRPG elements, no realtime combat. So, you can take your time making your moves.

For turn based SRPGs i recommend Disgaea 4
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#53ValedictorianXDPosted 1/26/2013 12:17:31 PM
Soliquidus posted...
Phophenomenon posted...
aneed4peed posted...
Saw gameplay vids for Catherine, didn't really like them all that much tbh. Bayonetta too, just looked like another generic button masher.

Your face is a generic button masher.

By that do you mean that his face is riddled with pimples and buttons, and that he mashes the buttons on his face to try and burst them?

TC, Bayonetta isn't a generic button masher. Anyone who uses this term for a game of this sort, is an absolute scrub. Go ahead and button mash through this game, or even play through with one arm. See what happens on any mode other than Easy Automatic.

ITP: Calls TC a scrub because a button masher is too difficult for him.
-------------------------------------------------

Btw, just as a nice contradiction to your claim: I button mashed my way through Bayonetta. One of the easiest 1000/1000s in my life.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#54DerejinPosted 1/26/2013 12:22:28 PM
There are many great turn-based or freely pause-able games that are still loads of fun and won't require both hands.
Knights of the Old Republic,
Knights of the Old Republic II(Get the Cut Content Mod!),
Blood Bowl(if you're into board games),
many Final Fantasy Games(even if they have an action bar, you can go to the options to make it pause when you're selecting something),
Super Mario RPG+The first two Paper Mario games(Though they do have jumping areas, most of the game is turn based combat with some timed button pressing)
the Fire Emblem games(turn based strategy!)

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Another that comes to mind, surprisingly, is Mark of the Ninja. On the PC, you can almost completely control him with your left hand, only requiring the mouse for aiming your grappling hook+killing+possibly throwing tools, so left-hand-only stealth runs are usually possible, and with a bit of ingenuity, you can use the freeze-time Focus ability to use your mouse.
#55XImperialDragonPosted 1/26/2013 12:41:21 PM
Soliquidus posted...
Phophenomenon posted...
aneed4peed posted...
Saw gameplay vids for Catherine, didn't really like them all that much tbh. Bayonetta too, just looked like another generic button masher.

Your face is a generic button masher.

By that do you mean that his face is riddled with pimples and buttons, and that he mashes the buttons on his face to try and burst them?

TC, Bayonetta isn't a generic button masher. Anyone who uses this term for a game of this sort, is an absolute scrub. Go ahead and button mash through this game, or even play through with one arm. See what happens on any mode other than Easy Automatic.

ITP: Calls TC a scrub because a button masher is too difficult for him.
-------------------------------------------------

Btw, just as a nice contradiction to your claim: I button mashed my way through Bayonetta. One of the easiest 1000/1000s in my life.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]

To call the veracity of your claim into question, I am the Queen of France, my name is Mary Tudor.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#56zzamaroPosted 1/26/2013 1:09:23 PM
Bayonetta on easy(whatever it's called) mode.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#57Reinsol70Posted 1/26/2013 1:50:39 PM
All games can be played with one hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrywpSwrvv0
#58Great_AetherPosted 1/26/2013 1:55:34 PM
Dragon Quest VIII has controls specifically for one hand built in. And it has Jessica. In skimpy outfits.
---
Sometimes when you're asleep, I lick your face. -Gabo, DQVII
#59bluedragon619Posted 1/26/2013 2:05:10 PM
If you have lady lumps tekken tag 2 is playable
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#60Still__RippinPosted 1/26/2013 2:06:35 PM
Rainbow Moon
Magic 2013
Peggle
---
Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper alive.
Currently Playing~ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Demons Souls, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Magic 2013, Skate 2