This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do they blame video games instead of fixing our real problems?

#1Bayonetta_Posted 1/26/2013 5:23:13 AM
-Male depression and suicide rates are up yet society doesn't care (Media never even speaks of male mental health issues.)
-We always see all the time that trash like Chris Brown who beats his woman is rewarded by society with even more women , fame and cash.
-Lack of stable families. No real role model for young men anymore.
-Young boys in general receive far less affection than girls.
-American society doesn't motivate us to do good.
-Bullying.
-Excessive greed.
-Misandry in America (Divorce courts sucking my dry of cash, media shows no interest in men's mental health, abuse against men is ignored.) At this point society is asking some men to snap and kill somebody.
-Lack of direction for young people.
-Corrupt politicians.
-Nobody cares about prostate cancer........yet breast cancer study has made millions. If anything this is a red flag for society viewing men as expendable.

Some how I don't think guns and video games donate to why society is screwed up. Society we live in are creating groups of young men with no hope, no motivation and no direction in life. Why be the good guy when that jerk gets all the women and society respects the greedy corrupt man?
#2RioichiCooperPosted 1/26/2013 5:24:59 AM
Because actually trying to fix problems is too much work for these people. They'll always look for a scapegoat.
---
If your accuracy is over 10%, you're trying too hard.
#3Nightmare966Posted 1/26/2013 5:25:40 AM
Leaving aside all problems:

It's always easier to point something else as a cause instead of recognition of one faults.

Human beings are suckers, aren't we?
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#4PhophenomenonPosted 1/26/2013 5:47:35 AM
Its true for both sides. The media is just making it worst.
---
You mirin' brah?
#5Ryan SiPosted 1/26/2013 5:50:40 AM
Too many people with resources and/or a platform are just looking out for their own interests unfortunately. That's why it's so hard to get any real change accomplished.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#6userfrigginamePosted 1/26/2013 5:55:32 AM
Well, playing devil's advocate for a bit, I don't think having other problems that contribute to violence should sway ourselves from seeing how video games might be a reflection of our society. That being said, yes, I think it's very lazy and stupid for ppl and lawmakers to try and look for that ONE thing that may be the root cause for violence, when our problems are complex, and for that we need complex solutions. And that should NOT include banning media.
#7nihilist212Posted 1/26/2013 5:56:03 AM
TC you sound like an extremely bitter guy who doesn't get the attention he feels he deserves. That's what I get from your post.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#8byrocracyPosted 1/26/2013 6:06:48 AM
nihilist212 posted...
TC you sound like an extremely bitter guy who doesn't get the attention he feels he deserves. That's what I get from your post.

Wouldn't you be bitter?

All of those points from the first post are true. If you're truly a nihilist why do you even care to read into someone's angst and think you're in a position to call it bitter selfishness?

If you're not a nihilist, what manner of emotional crutch do you use to cope with the reality of the malaise mentioned by the topic creator?

Counterproductive troll-like attitude from a wannabe psychologist, great contribution sport.
---
What are you waiting for? Christmas?
#9krucifixhorrorPosted 1/26/2013 6:06:54 AM
Less men means less world population. Also if they "fix" or "cure" anything, certain businesses would no longer exist, like big pharma for instance.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BT2Qsiv90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p491ZknbESA&feature=related
#10Godly_GoofPosted 1/26/2013 6:12:47 AM
Because Liberals decided that personal responsibility doesn't exist anymore. That's really it :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."