This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats going on with my PS+ subscription?

#1jon davisPosted 1/26/2013 7:07:32 AM
I just went to check on how long i have left on it and it says PS+ 90 day subscription 30 day free trial.

Now it says i payed the 11.99 for the 90 days but that it ends on the 28th, 30 days after i activated it.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#2jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:26:02 AM
Bump
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#3Captain BrainslidePosted 1/26/2013 9:34:47 AM
Where are you checking? If you're looking at the expiry date on a Plus download through the Information part of the menu after you press triangle, then the DRM for that doesn't check to update until the date it was originally set for has passed. Say you have something due to expire on Jan 31, and you get another 90 days, it'll stay the same until after Jan 31. When you go back into that game after Jan 31, it'll update the status to reflect the expiry date changing to the end of April, assuming you have an Internet connection working for it to check.

If you're saying that your Account Management status didn't update to reflect your new subscription you paid for... well, that's not supposed to happen, you'll have to contact Sony customer service. But it should have updated there properly. Downloading any other game that expires after you paid for the extended subscription will reflect the new end date without having to wait for the old end date to pass, normally.
#4jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:26:55 AM
Captain Brainslide posted...
Where are you checking? If you're looking at the expiry date on a Plus download through the Information part of the menu after you press triangle, then the DRM for that doesn't check to update until the date it was originally set for has passed. Say you have something due to expire on Jan 31, and you get another 90 days, it'll stay the same until after Jan 31. When you go back into that game after Jan 31, it'll update the status to reflect the expiry date changing to the end of April, assuming you have an Internet connection working for it to check.

If you're saying that your Account Management status didn't update to reflect your new subscription you paid for... well, that's not supposed to happen, you'll have to contact Sony customer service. But it should have updated there properly. Downloading any other game that expires after you paid for the extended subscription will reflect the new end date without having to wait for the old end date to pass, normally.

Everything i downloaded says it expires in two days.

However when i first bought my code it wouldn't work, so i contacted Game whom i bought it from and they said there was a fault in the codes at the time. They said as a good will gesture Sony would send me another code through Game which worked, do you think the code gave me the 90 days i payed for plus an extra 30 for free?
---
#5jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:00:19 PM
Anyone?
---
#6jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:32:46 PM
Ill just assume im right then.
---
#7Captain BrainslidePosted 1/27/2013 7:38:26 AM

However when i first bought my code it wouldn't work, so i contacted Game whom i bought it from and they said there was a fault in the codes at the time. They said as a good will gesture Sony would send me another code through Game which worked, do you think the code gave me the 90 days i payed for plus an extra 30 for free?

I really don't have enough information to guess at that. To check when your subscription actually ends, go to the Playstation Network tab on your PS3's XMB menu and sign in. Go to Account Management, then Transaction Management, then Services List. Look for the Playstation Plus item there, and check it to see when it expires.
#8jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:50:30 AM
Captain Brainslide posted...

I really don't have enough information to guess at that. To check when your subscription actually ends, go to the Playstation Network tab on your PS3's XMB menu and sign in. Go to Account Management, then Transaction Management, then Services List. Look for the Playstation Plus item there, and check it to see when it expires.

It says tomorrow, but it still says its a 90 days sub plus this "30 day free trial"
---