This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games, RPGs in particular, would be a lot better with rap music

#11enigma2274Posted 1/26/2013 11:29:25 AM
That would keep me from playing the games.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, MGS4
#12ozranPosted 1/26/2013 11:31:12 AM
I honestly do not see a reason to include more lyrical music in games. I think what is in games now is sufficient. yes the occasional song with lyrics is awesome and if a game centers around lyrical music (such as Brutal Legend) that is cool too. but if a regular game with a good story and characters constantly had lyrical music I honestly think it would detract from the quality of the game
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#13SmoshCuchPosted 1/26/2013 11:35:04 AM
*hits MUTE button*

*continues playing*
#14Res5Posted 1/26/2013 11:37:35 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Res5 posted...
I kind of agree but I would also say games in general need more metal too.

I believe that games need more music with lyrics in general. In every single game I've ever played that had songs with lyrics in it that song was always so absolutely amazing that it boosted the entire experience. I have NEVER been let down by lyrical music in video games.

Final Fantasy XIII-2..

I'm aware of FFXIII-2. I haven't gotten around to buying it just yet but there's still not nearly enough games with lyrical music.

ozran posted...
I honestly do not see a reason to include more lyrical music in games. I think what is in games now is sufficient. yes the occasional song with lyrics is awesome and if a game centers around lyrical music (such as Brutal Legend) that is cool too. but if a regular game with a good story and characters constantly had lyrical music I honestly think it would detract from the quality of the game

If it was there all the time, yeah we might become complacent, but I have always felt there just wasn't ENOUGH of it. A lot of games tend to resort to repetitive and generic orchestral or opera music that doesn't stand out in any way whatsoever.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#15PangLaPosted 1/26/2013 11:44:35 AM
You should play Persona 3/4 if you want rap and/or soundtracks with lyrics.
#16TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/26/2013 11:44:46 AM
Remember turning the music all the way down and fighting Ganon at the end of Ocarina of Time with Limp Bizkit - Nookie blaring on my CD player.... Makes no sense I know but when I was a kid the combination was absolutely EPIC
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#17AstroshakPosted 1/26/2013 11:46:41 AM
"Rap music" is a contradiction in terms. You sing to music, you don't talk to it.

And the only thing that would be enhanced with Rap is ... the landfill, where the CD's and memory chips holding "rap music" get tossed.
#18PHEEliNUXPosted 1/26/2013 11:54:44 AM
PangLa posted...
You should play Persona 3/4 if you want rap and/or soundtracks with lyrics.

P3P didn't have Rap in it, But it had cool soundtrack though
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#19XImperialDragonPosted 1/26/2013 11:56:07 AM
Games need more music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95T141lBaLI

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwaoxq4WkYA

In my opinion, of course. I think the Black Mages should be allowed to handle all boss music in Final Fantasy games, lol.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#20MlREFOXPosted 1/26/2013 11:56:52 AM
Rap.
Music.

Mutually exclusive.

On an aesthetic spectrum, rap is at the lowest end of qualiy, and the people that listen to it regularly lack the maturity to realize it.