This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games, RPGs in particular, would be a lot better with rap music

#21MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:57:40 PM
Quentin Tarantino should do the soundtrack for every game.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#22burizadokyanonPosted 1/26/2013 1:00:10 PM
Rap? Hell no. Metal? Sure. Like techno, which I loathe BTW, it is fast paced and excellent for fighting games and boss battles.
---
PSN ID: EvilCowKing http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=evilcowking
#23MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:00:17 PM
MlREFOX posted...
Rap.
Music.

Mutually exclusive.

On an aesthetic spectrum, rap is at the lowest end of qualiy, and the people that listen to it regularly lack the maturity to realize it.

Other end of the spectrum is Death Metal.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#24Stanger5150Posted 1/26/2013 1:00:44 PM
I don't hate all Rap, but RPG battles are supposed to be epic. Classical that is sometimes infused with distorted guitars works best IMO.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#25imsalingawayPosted 1/26/2013 1:03:09 PM
Persona 3 was an RPG that has a heavily rap-inspired soundtrack, right? I mean I thought that had great music.

Personally if it sounds good I don't care.
#26imsalingawayPosted 1/26/2013 1:04:23 PM
I suppose it's really not rap in Persona 3. But I still think a rap soundtrack for an RPG wouldn't be bad.
#27CronoGuyverPosted 1/26/2013 1:04:49 PM
If Rap is music, then mute is a profound conversation.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#28PangLaPosted 1/26/2013 1:06:38 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
PangLa posted...
You should play Persona 3/4 if you want rap and/or soundtracks with lyrics.

P3P didn't have Rap in it, But it had cool soundtrack though

Did we play the same game? Persona 3 had a lot of rap mix with singing. Mass destruction for example.
#29XImperialDragonPosted 1/26/2013 1:06:56 PM
I don't hate all Rap, but RPG battles are supposed to be epic.

Sometimes rapping lyrics can help, but it depends on the overall aesthetic and theme of the game as a whole, because without this final battle seeming so dark/hopeless and it being a remix of a theme heard all throughout the game, this music would not have worked well at all:

[Warning, spoilers for Persona 3 in the link ahead]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIXIbcXRK4A&NR=1#t=06m21s
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#30ThamauturgePosted 1/26/2013 1:10:19 PM
Rap would have to be music to make your statement correct.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune