This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games, RPGs in particular, would be a lot better with rap music

#231kriztoferPosted 1/26/2013 11:05:39 PM
joke topic
---
Somber,dark and original
http://crestfallenstill.fourfour.com/
#232Yungin_BLUPosted 1/26/2013 11:10:30 PM
dristin1 posted...
If it could be Will Smith raping then maybe.

mods?
---
Need motivation to work out? Read Sun Ken Rock and you'll want to train butt naked in seclusion for three days straight once a week.
#233Montgomery14Posted 1/26/2013 11:18:17 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Only if it's like N.W.A. or Public Enemy. The new **** sucks.

This.
---
Proud Toronto Raptors fan since 2002
"Enjoy life, there is plenty of time to be dead."
#234SHIBBYMANPosted 1/26/2013 11:21:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA DRAKE AND SOULJA BOI?!?!? You better be joking, your rap choices suck!
---
JackAttack6586 I KILL ALL GINGERS IN FALLOUT 3
Every day I wear a bandana for unlimited ammo
#235Lunitik MuzikPosted 1/26/2013 11:21:30 PM
Zrodeath posted...
yeah as long as it's japanese rap cause that sounds way better than the crap here

pssssh this guy!

Japan's DJs/producers are damn good and almost on par with Americans, especially at atmospheric beats, but the rappers? Heeeeeell no.
#236iTossSaladsPosted 1/26/2013 11:27:50 PM
As somebody that quit his job a few days ago and decided to join the rap game, I agree. I figure after a week or so of honing my skills I'll be signed to a big label and maybe me and the RPG companies out there can work out a deal. It's all about making that paper.
#237ChocoXCheesePosted 1/26/2013 11:31:33 PM
Zrodeath posted...
yeah as long as it's japanese rap cause that sounds way better than the crap here

I'm pretty sure that's because the rap in Persona 3 (I assume this is the game you're talking about) was mixed with... some other genre, don't remember what [so it wasn't all bass and vocals (if rap can even be considered vocals, considering it's pretty much just speaking)].

Also, games, RPGs in particular, would be a lot better with more classical music. And opera. Anyone agree?
---
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#238ArtefPosted 1/27/2013 12:04:23 AM
i'd quit rpgs, and if you were going to put msic into a game for rpgs if anything rock ( for instance they should let The Black Mages do all battle themes etc in ff) Though they have done pop in a few. (ffx any one? 2 songs from pop singer jade)
---
The bush looked at me funny, so I blew it up, but sadly, I could only put 6 peices of c4 on it :( What? I dont have a problem * click kaaaaaaaaaboooooooooom*
#239ChargrilledPosted 1/27/2013 12:04:39 AM
jrr18 posted...
Noooooooooooo!!!!!

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#240cheese785Posted 1/27/2013 12:22:08 AM
I think it's funny how people think that just because they dislike a genre, it's not technically music. I bet these are the same people who think "dubstep isn't music!"

On topic, I don't think rap would benefit maybe games. RPG's, at least the turnbased ones, usually don't fit the tone of rap. Games like Saints Row go with rap pretty well, but games like Pokemon and Final Fantasy don't.
---
\m/