This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What series is better this gen? Resident Evil or Dead space???

#1goon56Posted 1/26/2013 12:59:16 PM
I have RE4 on the PS2 and i loved it, but i never played a horror game on this gen, so i was thinking about getting all of the Resident evils this gen to compleate the story, but i seen dead space and that series looks nice also. So what series should i do? Resident Evil or Dead space???
#2burizadokyanonPosted 1/26/2013 1:04:57 PM
Hard to compare the two as they were designed with different goals in mind.

RE is great for action and co-op, Mercs gives you lots of replay value, too.

Dead Space is good for some scares here and there, but has little replay value unless you are trophy hunting.

RE has a mediocre storyline, but at least they try. DS has some story but they never delve into it meaningfully.
---
PSN ID: EvilCowKing http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=evilcowking
#3guy_randomPosted 1/26/2013 1:06:32 PM
Id say go for dead space even though i'm not a huge fan of either series =/
Neither are horror and the ps3 RE are not like the ps2 resident evils, the creatures in resident evil are also over the top imo. Resident evil 5 is one of the 3 games I just can't bring myself to finish
#4mmpepsiPosted 1/26/2013 1:08:34 PM
guy_random posted...
Id say go for dead space even though i'm not a huge fan of either series =/
Neither are horror and the ps3 RE are not like the ps2 resident evils, the creatures in resident evil are also over the top imo. Resident evil 5 is one of the 3 games I just can't bring myself to finish

Neither are horror? Really?

Winner of the dumbest thing I've read so far today.
#5SolidLiquid25Posted 1/26/2013 1:09:19 PM
Well Dead Space is only in this gen, but even though RE changed so much over the years i say RE.
---
------------------------------
#6enigma2274Posted 1/26/2013 1:09:45 PM
I've got both series. This gen I think Dead Space is way better. I LOVED RE4 but it's gone downhill since.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, MGS4
#7RayconPosted 1/26/2013 1:12:20 PM
If we're comparing this generation only, Dead Space. It's nice to see a game that knows how to produce a horror atmosphere. Well, DS1, anyway. >_>

If we're just counting REs before RE4, I'd go with RE.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#8Crimson SkysPosted 1/26/2013 1:13:01 PM
DS
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#9guy_randomPosted 1/26/2013 1:15:01 PM

I wouldnt name them as horror, especially when you're comparing them to playstation 2 horror games.
#10Crimson SkysPosted 1/26/2013 1:15:47 PM
guy_random posted...

I wouldnt name them as horror, especially when you're comparing them to playstation 2 horror games.

Uhh...what? Of course they're horror lol.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)