This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm playing Devil May Cry HD Collection........

#1spacejamjordanzPosted 1/26/2013 4:03:07 PM
I have never played any of these games. Before I tried the new DmC, I chose to start with the old games first. I also plan to pick up a used copy of DMC4 when I finish DMC3.

So far....

DMC1 was actually pretty good. I had fun with it.
DMC2..not so much. Played both discs... and still kinda meh compared to the 1st.
DMC3.. just started. only beat two missions...MUCH BETTER THAN 2.

Are my assessment's somewhat accurate so far?
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#2spacejamjordanz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:03:53 PM
I have a good feeling that 3 will probably be best on the disc.
---
#3keybladeXIIIPosted 1/26/2013 4:05:04 PM(edited)
Yep, and you'll love DmC as well, especially if you like the first and third one.
EDIT: And yes, the third one is generally perceived as the best in the series by far.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 1/26/2013 4:04:37 PM
and youd be right.
#5abdouPosted 1/26/2013 4:07:11 PM(edited)
DMC3 is my favorite as well, DMC1 is a classic, DMC2 well..I don't hate it like many but it is definitely the weakest. DMC4 is better than 2 but not quite as good as 1. Still I like all of them.
---
#6wstfldPosted 1/26/2013 4:08:27 PM
I like em all except DMC2. It was very forgettable.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#7abnergoinbigPosted 1/26/2013 4:10:49 PM
I thought DMC 1 was good, DMC wasn't as bad as people described but is definitely not a game I would play again, DMC 3 was great, DMC 4 is my favorite out of the four, and the new DmC is my favorite out of all games.
#8poopninjamvc3mkPosted 1/26/2013 4:11:46 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Yep, and you'll love Bayonetta as well, especially if you like the first and third one.
EDIT: And yes, the third one is generally perceived as the best in the series by far.

Very true.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
#9keybladeXIIIPosted 1/26/2013 4:14:08 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Yep, and you'll love Bayonetta as well, especially if you like the first and third one.

Very true.

Except that plays like trash on the PS3 and is one of the most overrated games of this gen. It wouldn't be nowhere near as popular if the main character wasn't some big hentai symbol.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#10spacejamjordanz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:15:17 PM
Oh I loved Bayonetta!!!!! Great game. Yea I just finished DMC2. It just didn't draw me in the way the first game did. I want to have played all the previous games before I try the new one.
---