This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm playing Devil May Cry HD Collection........

#21Pato468Posted 1/27/2013 8:25:31 PM
Duwstai posted...
The original DMC is the best in the series hands down.

Its odd, when DMC3 came out I remember everyone saying it was very good but definitely not better than the original. Now, years later all the sudden people are claiming its the best in the series.

Its just a matter of more younger gamers started with 3.

3 made a few nice evolutions to the gameplay, but everything else is much better in the original. Atmosphere, bosses, enemy designs, level design, weapons, etc.

Funny, I remember it diferently. When DMC3 came out, many whinners complained that it was too hard, a few said the first one was still the best one, and the vast majority embraced it as the best one instantly.

As for DMC vs DMC3, the gameplay is VASTLY improved, being much more fluid, varied and precise in 3.
Design choices, such as atmosphere, enemy/boss design, weapons, pacing, etc., those are completely subjetive. I, for one, can't understand how anyone would pick Force Edge, Alastor (which was basically an electrified Force Edge), Sparda (a bigger force edge) and Ifrit over Rebellion, Cerberus, Nevan, the Twin swords and Beowulf in 3. Or who would believe featherface was a better boss than Beowulf. But oh well, to each his own I guess. The only point I agree with is atmosphere, which was a lot more intriguing in 1.
#22h12456208Posted 1/27/2013 9:43:07 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
I have never played any of these games. Before I tried the new DmC, I chose to start with the old games first. I also plan to pick up a used copy of DMC4 when I finish DMC3.

So far....

DMC1 was actually pretty good. I had fun with it.
DMC2..not so much. Played both discs... and still kinda meh compared to the 1st.
DMC3.. just started. only beat two missions...MUCH BETTER THAN 2.

Are my assessment's somewhat accurate so far?

Umm the HD collection is on 1 disc. ALL 3 GAMES. Are you sure it is the HD Collection and not the PS2 Collection that has the 3 games in 3 different cases???
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#23h12456208Posted 1/27/2013 9:44:05 PM
^^^^ This is in reference to you saying you played both discs for DMC2
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#24RollingCradlePosted 1/27/2013 9:59:27 PM
They each have their pros and cons, bottom line the franchise is pretty darn kick-ass.