This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC failed to spur sales in the US as well...

#21Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:52:00 PM(edited)
IChangedMyName posted...
Still, those aren't pretty far of from each other considering the negative feedback the 'reboot' got.

These are just the US sales numbers. Have you seen the sales difference in the UK and Japan? They only sold about one-third and and one-half respectively. And sales over a long period of time don't go "up" mind you, they drop over time. It gets fewer and fewer every week.

So if you add up the difference over a long period of time. Devil May Cry 4 sold 2.75 million copies, while DmC wouldn't even reach a million. That's a HUGE difference.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#22IChangedMyNamePosted 1/26/2013 5:52:45 PM(edited)
Junpei_Stupei posted...
These are just the US sales numbers. Have you seen the sales difference in the UK and Japan? They only sold about one-third and and one-half respectively. And sales over a long period of time don't "up" mind you, they drop over time. It gets fewer and fewer every week.

So if you add up the difference over a long period of time. Devil May Cry 4 sold 2.75 million copies, while DmC wouldn't even reach a million. That's a HUGE difference.

I have not, I have not followed the new DmC at all really. I'd imagine the sales in Japan wont be stellar.

In any case, Capcom better be ready to somehow redeem themselves if this idea indeed comes back and bite them in the ass.

I already feel as if Capcom is completely out of touch with its fans regarding other series they own (Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, Onimusha and Monster Hunter)

EDIT: Fricken Mega Man, how the hell did I forget Mega Man... I guess thats easy to do though since Capcoms even forgot about him, or at least have him locked in a basement somewhere missing some batteries at HQ.

---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#23uthoria205Posted 1/26/2013 5:51:16 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Good no NT sequel.. Wonder whats next, bet it will be called DMC 5 though.. Cant wait to see whos the dev

Or the series is put to rest
#24faris_ruhiPosted 1/26/2013 5:54:31 PM
Let's just wait it out and see.

Considering the number of high profile games that have come out in the past few months (compared to brand new, less popular IPs, due to not a lot of people knowing about them, launching during DMC4's time), the sales pattern can be different. It may hold steady for a few months compared to DMC4, which had the majority of its sales in the first month and dropped immensely.

We'll find out in 2-3 months how the game is really selling.

It's all speculation until then.

Anyways, regardless, don't understand how well the game is selling effects your enjoyment of the game. The reviews are in and it is considered a good game regardless of whether it alienates the original fanbase or not.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#25InnerscopePosted 1/26/2013 5:58:38 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...

Reliable Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41294/USA/

Reliable source, My ASS
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#26Shadowblade2Posted 1/26/2013 6:06:26 PM
faris_ruhi posted...
It may hold steady for a few months compared to DMC4, which had the majority of its sales in the first month and dropped immensely.

We'll find out in 2-3 months how the game is really selling.

In the next couple months games like MGR, Tomb Raider, God of War, Gears of War, and Bioshock Infinite will be out. Not long after that GTA V and The Last of Us will follow. I highly doubt DmC's sales will be holding steady.
---
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
#27abdouPosted 1/26/2013 6:11:13 PM
as much as I want to believe this, VGchartz are GARBAGE , I don't trust anything they say.

Let's wait for the NPD numbers.
---
#28agrissaPosted 1/26/2013 6:12:01 PM
Anti-DmC ppl won mwahahaha
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#29Myst-VearnPosted 1/26/2013 6:13:48 PM
if the game is selling well in NA capcom would have said so, their silence is a bad (good) sign
---
PSN: methedemon GT: methedemon
#30RollingCradlePosted 1/26/2013 6:14:34 PM
The game is god-tier in 1080p60, too bad peasants will never experience this awesome game the way it was meant to be played!