This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the PS3 or future consoles ever get an awesome online RPG?

#1llaW_EnotsPosted 1/26/2013 7:02:06 PM
something along the lines of Diablo 2 or Path of Exile.
#2MourningReignsPosted 1/26/2013 7:03:27 PM
Since PS3 can only handle JRPGs, no. Sony intentionally designed the system where western RPG makers can't program on it (Skyrim).

They need to get over their fear of the west and allow all companies to make games on their system.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#3ryouma17Posted 1/26/2013 7:07:33 PM
diablo and POE are hack n slash games not RPG's and the PS3 is getting FF14 near the end of the year whenever they decide to end the alpha and start the open beta which is supposed to be happening before april
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#4SpikeSpiegelPosted 1/26/2013 7:08:50 PM
Why isn't SEGA bringing PSO2 to PS3? Why only Vita?
---
"Bang!"-Session 26
(Cowboy Bebop)
#5llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:09:37 PM
ryouma17 posted...
diablo and POE are hack n slash games not RPG's and the PS3 is getting FF14 near the end of the year whenever they decide to end the alpha and start the open beta which is supposed to be happening before april

Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast.

Diablo II is an ARPG game based in a dark fantasy setting developed by Blizzard North and released globally by Blizzard Entertainment.
#6AstroshakPosted 1/26/2013 7:09:46 PM
Depends on what you consider "awesome".

There are several MMO's on the system, available through PSN. I don't know if they are subscription based, Free-to-Play, or Pay-to-Win, but they are there.

White Knight Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles 2 were great online RPG's - though they did not have the random loot (there was some in WKC2) nor the random dungeons, they were great co-op online RPG's.

Were they "awesome"? That depends - I enjoyed WKC a lot more than WKC2, putting in more time than I ahve to any other PS3 game, in order to Plat it. The game was not without its flaws, and there were more'n a few who did not like it for one reason or another. I personally did not care for WKC2, but others preferred it to WKC. Awesome, as always, rests with the individual.
#7MourningReignsPosted 1/26/2013 7:10:14 PM
llaW_Enots posted...
ryouma17 posted...

Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast.

Diablo II is an ARPG game based in a dark fantasy setting developed by Blizzard North and released globally by Blizzard Entertainment.

Didn't you get the memo? To be an RPG, it has to be turn based where you aren't actually playing the game, just selecting menus.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#8GunzleaderPosted 1/26/2013 7:44:17 PM
want SOE to make a champions of norrath on ps3.. come on sony one last good rpg before ps4.. im not going next gen. ps4. 720 or wii U. plan to move to the country try to have a crazy ass adventure.. or just relax and fish plus watch gameshows all day.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#9Taran_McDohlPosted 1/26/2013 8:07:25 PM
FF14. That is the only correctly answer.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#10llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 6:11:30 AM
Taran_McDohl posted...
FF14. That is the only correctly answer.

that's too bad we were left out in the dark without a number of good RPGs. at least we have the Madden games