This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things the PS4 needs before you will buy it.

#11SophisticationPosted 1/26/2013 8:33:00 PM
Who the hell wants to play Ps1 and Ps2 games anyways? Get over it... It will, over the course of time, play PSN games -- but not out of the box. It'll come in waves, like Vita's PSone and Minis have.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#12BruceWayne2009Posted 1/26/2013 8:36:50 PM
I would buy it if it had a guarantee Kingdom Hearts 3 game exclusive.
#13AmyUnleashedPosted 1/26/2013 8:39:29 PM
PS3 backwards compatabilty (preferably PS1 as well), PS2 would be a major plus though.

A normal controller, or PS3 controller accesable.

3-6 of these games (depends on the quality of them)

Ratchet & Clank [PS4]
Shadow Of The Collousous 2
Ape Escape 4
God Of War 4
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale 2
Medievil 3
Jak 4
New Quantic Dream IP

* although a few off them could work fine as PS3 titles (Medievil 3, Jak 4...)

Assassins Creed 4
Dynasty Warriors 9
Final Fantasy 15
Sonic Adventure 3 / Colours 2 [A good sonic game basically]
Crash Bandicoot [PS4]
#14Godly_GoofPosted 1/26/2013 8:46:30 PM
Non-digital only games. Preferably not profile locked games but definitely not if I have to be on the Internet at all times to play everything :/ I'm on the Internet on my PS3 little enough as it is because my Internet provider sucks ass and I can't get a better one in my area any time soon...
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#15themegaman7Posted 1/26/2013 8:50:06 PM
- Cost: arount 250 euros, preferably less.
- Games: 5-7 games I want of which at least 3 should be JRPGs.
- Has to be regionfree
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#16cirkmetroidPosted 1/26/2013 8:54:46 PM
Astroshak posted...

Backward compatability would be nice, but honestly, that's a fairly new phenomenon for consoles. NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, none of them had backward compatability with anything. I can honestly say that BC is a bonus, but it is not a deal killer if it is not there.

Actually, for a number of years it was really easy to find a burnable Dreamcast disc that contained every single NES game available, and another that had every single SNES game. Surely it's still able to be obtained on the internet, but it was kinda cool using a DC to play classic games.

What was cool about it, is that it didn't require any modding of the console at all.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still really hoping there will be more Legacy of Kain games...somehow!
#17AwayFromHerePosted 1/26/2013 8:55:32 PM

Actually, for a number of years it was really easy to find a burnable Dreamcast disc that contained every single NES game available, and another that had every single SNES game. Surely it's still able to be obtained on the internet, but it was kinda cool using a DC to play classic games.

What was cool about it, is that it didn't require any modding of the console at all.

Still not legal though.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#18glory of power metalPosted 1/26/2013 9:00:33 PM
My other comment is that I want the better model. If I've learning anything from console gaming, it's that in about 2 years after its release a new version will come out that's sleeker, more compact, with better performance and a larger hard drive for a fraction of the price.

I truly ****ed myself getting a 360 Elite this gen, but other than that, the new and improved version is always better.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#19ShineboxerPosted 1/26/2013 9:04:35 PM
One game that I want. That's the only thing it needs.
At least 2-5 games that I want.
More multimedia options like syncing with my Tablet or something akin to the Bluray of this gen.
(nope)
Full Backward Compatibility: PS1, PS2, and PS3.(nope)
Just PS3 backward compatibility plus PSN downloads.(ok)
Onlive style game service.(nope)
A decent price.(nope)
Moddable games(lol absolutely not)
Cross Platform game services like Steam(lol absolutely not)
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD