This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Big fan of Assassins Creed series.... Will AC 3 let me down?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Big fan of Assassins Creed series.... Will AC 3 let me down?

User Info: kill_distroy

kill_distroy
4 years ago#11
I have mixed feelings about the game. I still enjoyed it, but here are some of its flaws in my opinion:

Connor: Maybe it's because he's a Native American, but this guy is so naive, and says the most cliche lines I've heard in a long time that I just got tired of him. his voice actor wasn't good as well, and felt really monotone.

The setting: Don't get me wrong, the American Revolution is a great setting, and this is just my opinion, but I missed the tall and awe-inspiring buildings in Italy.

The homestead: It just felt like a watered-down version of the villa.

Crafting: I finished the game without ever using it after the tutorial, it's barely worth it.

Controls: Maybe it's just me, but I found myself jumping off buildings, and running into walls by mistake way more often than in previous games.

Story: Meh at best. Felt incomplete.

Missions: they are heavily scripted and don't allow freedom much. Oh and the chase missions are some of the worst I've played in a really long time.
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8

User Info: Crispykids

Crispykids
4 years ago#12
The gameplay is sick but Connor is boring as hell and the story never really drew me in the ezio trilogy is still the more interesting aspect of assassins creed

User Info: enigma2274

enigma2274
4 years ago#13
wstfld posted...
Not if you're a big fan of the AC series.

This. If you're a big fan you should love it.
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, MGS4

User Info: cdaro

cdaro
4 years ago#14
One of the things I hated was the ridiculous side-objectives some missions had. I was trying to get all of them for trophies, but eventually said f*** it. I started enjoying the game a lot more after that.
http://i.imgur.com/dhoyf.jpg

User Info: Magikoopa21

Magikoopa21
4 years ago#15
crazyman32 posted...
wstfld posted...
Not if you're a big fan of the AC series.

This^.I think it's the best in the series TC.

Agreed^

User Info: ReDDevil2112

ReDDevil2112
4 years ago#16
I think it's the best in the series by far. The combat is great and has some really awesome animations (though is hampered by a horrific camera), personally I like Connor a great deal and was never a fan of Ezio (I actually got sick of Ezio very quickly, but I can see why people dont like Connor), the American Revolution is a really interesting setting, the naval battles are awesome, the present day bits actually have some meat on them, the game has a good soundtrack for once, I thought the plot was much more intriguing (both the present and historical sides of it) with the best set of villains the series has seen... I think about the only thing I would say is worse than it's predecessors IMO is that the game is glitchy as hell. And I agree that the bonus objectives are terrible and you should pretend they dont exist.
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!

User Info: rikimaru_k19

rikimaru_k19
4 years ago#17
Yes, it will...big time
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1199/burning_dawn.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/vzdk51.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Big fan of Assassins Creed series.... Will AC 3 let me down?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived