This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Big fan of Assassins Creed series.... Will AC 3 let me down?

#11kill_distroyPosted 1/26/2013 9:59:28 PM
I have mixed feelings about the game. I still enjoyed it, but here are some of its flaws in my opinion:

Connor: Maybe it's because he's a Native American, but this guy is so naive, and says the most cliche lines I've heard in a long time that I just got tired of him. his voice actor wasn't good as well, and felt really monotone.

The setting: Don't get me wrong, the American Revolution is a great setting, and this is just my opinion, but I missed the tall and awe-inspiring buildings in Italy.

The homestead: It just felt like a watered-down version of the villa.

Crafting: I finished the game without ever using it after the tutorial, it's barely worth it.

Controls: Maybe it's just me, but I found myself jumping off buildings, and running into walls by mistake way more often than in previous games.

Story: Meh at best. Felt incomplete.

Missions: they are heavily scripted and don't allow freedom much. Oh and the chase missions are some of the worst I've played in a really long time.
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#12CrispykidsPosted 1/26/2013 10:27:14 PM
The gameplay is sick but Connor is boring as hell and the story never really drew me in the ezio trilogy is still the more interesting aspect of assassins creed
#13enigma2274Posted 1/26/2013 10:28:52 PM
wstfld posted...
Not if you're a big fan of the AC series.

This. If you're a big fan you should love it.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, MGS4
#14cdaroPosted 1/26/2013 10:31:08 PM
One of the things I hated was the ridiculous side-objectives some missions had. I was trying to get all of them for trophies, but eventually said f*** it. I started enjoying the game a lot more after that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dhoyf.jpg
#15Magikoopa21Posted 1/26/2013 11:22:50 PM
crazyman32 posted...
wstfld posted...
Not if you're a big fan of the AC series.

This^.I think it's the best in the series TC.

Agreed^
#16ReDDevil2112Posted 1/26/2013 11:36:27 PM
I think it's the best in the series by far. The combat is great and has some really awesome animations (though is hampered by a horrific camera), personally I like Connor a great deal and was never a fan of Ezio (I actually got sick of Ezio very quickly, but I can see why people dont like Connor), the American Revolution is a really interesting setting, the naval battles are awesome, the present day bits actually have some meat on them, the game has a good soundtrack for once, I thought the plot was much more intriguing (both the present and historical sides of it) with the best set of villains the series has seen... I think about the only thing I would say is worse than it's predecessors IMO is that the game is glitchy as hell. And I agree that the bonus objectives are terrible and you should pretend they dont exist.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#17rikimaru_k19Posted 1/26/2013 11:37:02 PM
Yes, it will...big time
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1199/burning_dawn.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/vzdk51.gif