This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys think the PS4 will include an HDMI cable right out of the box?

#71JoveHackPosted 1/27/2013 1:20:23 PM(edited)
Eoin posted...
(Also, gold plating is not an upgrade - all that does is prevent oxidation, it doesn't increase signal quality in any way).

Yes and no. Without the gold plating oxidation will cause the signal to slowly degrade over time.

That's not good with the analog signals that component cables carry, where every change in the signal shows up on screen.

Preventing the video from slowly turning to grayish mush seems like a good idea.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#72RoachmeatPosted 1/27/2013 1:28:59 PM
Eoin posted...
Roachmeat posted...
If not HDMI, at least upgrade us to gold plated tip "component" cables.

Component cables are more expensive than HDMI cables. There's very little chance of Sony including Component cables over HDMI cables.

(Also, gold plating is not an upgrade - all that does is prevent oxidation, it doesn't increase signal quality in any way).

Wow, thanks for informing me of that. I have a gold plated HDMI that I bought from Gamestop in my Ps3 while my mother has a regular one for her HD television. I didn't even think about the difference.

If I had known that my current television wouldn't take the inputs for my Ps2, I would have kept the component cables a third party used to make for the Ps2 back when it was big.

As it goes with composite cables, I have SEVERAL of those in three different sizes.
#73EoinPosted 1/27/2013 2:02:27 PM
JoveHack posted...
Yes and no. Without the gold plating oxidation will cause the signal to slowly degrade over time.

Yes, hence the only difference being the oxidation - as I, in fact, said, so I'm unsure on what aspect you believe yourself to be in disagreement with me. The danger from oxidation is overstated anyway, and the gold plating is usually sold as resulting in an improvement in signal quality, which it doesn't.
#74Jack_Ryder_2013Posted 1/27/2013 2:21:44 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
engoy your unreadable words on alot of games, i remember trying to play dead rising on a SDTV and i had to trade up and i worked at taco bell making minimum wage. If gaming is a priority for you at all its wise to upgrade, thats too many unplayable games foe me.

It's not... at all. My son, our well being and all that comes WAY before video games. Hobbies always will be an afterthought at the end of the month after the bills are paid and the pantry is stocked. And I'm currently on a 19" SDTV right now and the only game I've ever had trouble reading was Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

I Live alone, wash dishes and doing janitor work, pay all the bills keep food stocked and still was able to just finish paying off a 47 inch 3dtv. So while its true hobbies come second regardless gaming is an expensive one, and obviously gaming is important to you for something if your on a gaming message forum posting about it
#75IzicialPosted 1/27/2013 2:35:45 PM
Well by the time the new consoles come out it might be past the point were HD can be legally outputted to SD TVs.

It's a dumb law yes, but its going to happen eventually so they might just make it HDMI/Composite only.
#76D E E G SPosted 1/27/2013 2:38:41 PM
At this point they should since HDMI is pretty much the HD standard cable now over Component. That said, lowest common denominator is still composite. They will probably fall in the middle and give a component cable.
---
Clearly, sir, you have gone mad with reason.
#77EoinPosted 1/27/2013 3:27:37 PM
D E E G S posted...
They will probably fall in the middle and give a component cable.

Including one component cable would probably be more expensive than including both a composite and a HDMI cable, and would make fewer people happy. It's pretty much the worst option. (Of course, they might choose it anyway, but I think that's a bit unlikely).
#78RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 3:38:02 PM
I love reading these when everyone keeps saying they just use 5 dollar HDMI cables. You're all buying expensive consoles and TVs and whining about 5 freaking dollars.

*slow clap for all whiners*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#79J SasakiPosted 1/27/2013 3:38:47 PM
I just hope the process for switching between video-input modes is a lot easier for the next generation; it should be auto-detected like the Xbox 360.
#80CloudisthebestPosted 1/27/2013 3:47:33 PM
Who cares? They're like $10. And HDTVs are as low as ~$150.
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant