This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising comes off as a B game.

#11SophisticationPosted 1/27/2013 1:02:58 AM
TheMcKnightMare posted...
I was excited until I played the demo... Ni No Kuni all over again

Oh god, Ni no kuni is a puddle of pig @#$@.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#12PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:08:06 AM
FiendingHard posted...
We need another 10 games starring Snake?

http://i3.minus.com/ibz8PwS339Ta1c.jpg

Talking about side characters. I liked all the side characters (that I can remember) in the MGS games.
#13TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/27/2013 1:10:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:12:13 AM(edited)
Sophistication posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
So it's like every other game in the series then. Kojima is a hack.

Can't get anymore truthful than that... agree 100%...Kojima is a swollen node. One of my least favorite developers, if not the worst.

I'm not a huge fan of his writing, but the first two MGS games felt serious and moody. I like that more than this in-between stuff. It's neither serious or light-hearted and playful. There's no particular mood that this one's going for. The only thought they put towards how the game feels is if slicing dudes feels badass, which is intellectually boring.
#15TomoEK9Posted 1/27/2013 1:12:12 AM
FiendingHard posted...

I love Raiden, I loved him back in MGS2 but even I have to admit that MGR feels awful and offbeat. Everything about it feels out of place for the MGS universe. Even though its a spinoff title, it feels like a game written outside the MGS universe then the characters slapdashed in to connect it.

If this was an original IP I would have looked at it in a different light, but as part of the MGS series, it feels off.

A good MG game doesn't need to revolve around Snake but that doesn't mean just because Snake isn't involved it has to feel out of place.
#16arclouks_xPosted 1/27/2013 1:12:45 AM
Game looks f...ing great, demo was good except for the glitches, I cant f...ing wait
---
PS3:arclouksx Vita:JustArc_ -Now playing:Ps all stars,nfsmw(2005),legend of dragoon,KZ3mp,FF4.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#17RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 1:14:16 AM
PoorCountry posted...
Sophistication posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
So it's like every other game in the series then. Kojima is a hack.

Can't get anymore truthful than that... agree 100%...Kojima is a swollen node. One of my least favorite developers, if not the worst.

I'm not a huge fan of his writing, but the first two MGS games felt serious and moody. I like that more than this in-between stuff. It's neither serious or light-hearted and playful. There's no particular mood that this one's going for. The only thought they put towards how the game feels is if slicing dudes feels badass, which is intellectually boring.

You're sure garnering a lot about the characters and mood and story from a 10 minute long demo with barely any of that.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#18velvet_hammerPosted 1/27/2013 1:19:44 AM(edited)
look a hater gathering. hi haters
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#19SophisticationPosted 1/27/2013 1:16:56 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
look at hater gathering. hi haters

I see it as a truth gathering.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#20PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:17:39 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
FiendingHard posted...

I love Raiden, I loved him back in MGS2 but even I have to admit that MGR feels awful and offbeat. Everything about it feels out of place for the MGS universe. Even though its a spinoff title, it feels like a game written outside the MGS universe then the characters slapdashed in to connect it.

If this was an original IP I would have looked at it in a different light, but as part of the MGS series, it feels off.

A good MG game doesn't need to revolve around Snake but that doesn't mean just because Snake isn't involved it has to feel out of place.

I liked Raiden, too. The whole idea of the second game was cool. I don't like this effort to "redeem" him and give him more mainstream appeal.