This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising comes off as a B game.

#21scoobydoobydontPosted 1/27/2013 12:18:41 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
So it's like every other game in the series then. Kojima is a hack.

Do you even have a PS3 xbot? Why are you even on this forum? Go back to your 360 assurance topics.

I'm not sure what this is even supposed to mean... MGS is on many consoles, I don't need a PS3 to have an opinion on the series. I've been playing it off and on since the NES, and even mildly enjoyed MGS1 on the first PS and the GBC game, where Kojima's dreadful attempts at storytelling were curtailed.

Nor do I need the permission of a PS3 fanboy who runs around doing damage control because he can't accept last is last. PS3 fans deserve better than trolls like you giving them a bad rep. Xbot? Grow up, I just gave my opinion on a series of games. Seems like everything makes you salty, you should get yourself checked out, it might be a chemical imbalance. Seriously, I'm worried about you.

PoorCountry posted...
I'm not a huge fan of his writing, but the first two MGS games felt serious and moody. I like that more than this in-between stuff. It's neither serious or light-hearted and playful. There's no particular mood that this one's going for. The only thought they put towards how the game feels is if slicing dudes feels badass, which is intellectually boring.

MGS1 was okay, but he (Kojima) had too much rope to hang himself with when having the power of PS2 and the capital within Konami to do things his way. IMO.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#22ateballPosted 1/27/2013 12:20:26 AM
PoorCountry posted...
It's fun to play and Raiden looks cool. That's it. Bothered that they didn't make more out of this.

It's a video game...with a cool main character....that's fun to play.....isn't that EXACTLY what a game is primarily supposed to be?
---
Now Playing: AC3, NBA2K13, WWE 13
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimZon281
#23RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 12:21:56 AM
MGS is the ONLY game in the series on your xbox, so you can't say you have an opinion on the "series" genius. So, again, why are you on this forum?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#24velvet_hammerPosted 1/27/2013 12:22:06 AM
PoorCountry posted...
I hate these side characters -- they're just gimmicky buffoons. There's no clearly no ambition behind this game. It isn't compelling or atmospheric, but a silly action romp. It's fun to play and Raiden looks cool. That's it. Bothered that they didn't make more out of this.

PoorCountry and Haters come off as a "F"ail troll.
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#25PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:22:55 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
Sophistication posted...

Can't get anymore truthful than that... agree 100%...Kojima is a swollen node. One of my least favorite developers, if not the worst.

I'm not a huge fan of his writing, but the first two MGS games felt serious and moody. I like that more than this in-between stuff. It's neither serious or light-hearted and playful. There's no particular mood that this one's going for. The only thought they put towards how the game feels is if slicing dudes feels badass, which is intellectually boring.

You're sure garnering a lot about the characters and mood and story from a 10 minute long demo with barely any of that.

Expected this kind of a response. How near do you think this comes to being serious? What is your standard for serious? To me it would seem like a complete 180 for this to become like Metal Gear Solid. I don't imagine a writer putting all this stuff down and thinking, "heh, I'll bore them first with all this uninteresting stuff, and then unleash hell!" I bet you one million dollars that it will keep this same feel even as the story gets more dramatic and characters start dying and confessing secrets. One million dollars, the characters will continue to be boring and gimmicky.
#26SophisticationPosted 1/27/2013 12:23:06 AM
It's clear this game was going to be Vanquish 2, but they had to play captain save a game and resurrect mgr from Konami's bowels.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#27PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:27:34 AM
ateball posted...
PoorCountry posted...
It's fun to play and Raiden looks cool. That's it. Bothered that they didn't make more out of this.

It's a video game...with a cool main character....that's fun to play.....isn't that EXACTLY what a game is primarily supposed to be?

No. Who says the main character has to be "cool"? Who says games can't be more than this? And why have a story if it's going to suck? Isn't it putting itself up for review by being here? Why is it wrong to expect a decent story from a game in a series that is known for its story-telling?
#28RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 12:29:39 AM
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
Sophistication posted...

Can't get anymore truthful than that... agree 100%...Kojima is a swollen node. One of my least favorite developers, if not the worst.

You're sure garnering a lot about the characters and mood and story from a 10 minute long demo with barely any of that.

Expected this kind of a response. How near do you think this comes to being serious? What is your standard for serious? To me it would seem like a complete 180 for this to become like Metal Gear Solid. I don't imagine a writer putting all this stuff down and thinking, "heh, I'll bore them first with all this uninteresting stuff, and then unleash hell!" I bet you one million dollars that it will keep this same feel even as the story gets more dramatic and characters start dying and confessing secrets. One million dollars, the characters will continue to be boring and gimmicky.

You're assuming the demo is the beginning of the game......

Gee, I dunno, the trailers with story bits as opposed to gameplay?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTqCCpdkmM&

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-jack-the-ripper-trailer
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#29PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:29:57 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
PoorCountry posted...
I hate these side characters -- they're just gimmicky buffoons. There's no clearly no ambition behind this game. It isn't compelling or atmospheric, but a silly action romp. It's fun to play and Raiden looks cool. That's it. Bothered that they didn't make more out of this.

PoorCountry and Haters come off as a "F"ail troll.

Man, you are stupid.
#30PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:32:37 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

You're assuming the demo is the beginning of the game......

Gee, I dunno, the trailers with story bits as opposed to gameplay?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTqCCpdkmM&

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-jack-the-ripper-trailer

Watching the first trailer. Wondering what you saw that made you think, "this is quite serious."