This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising comes off as a B game.

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 1/27/2013 12:32:55 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
MGS is the ONLY game in the series on your xbox, so you can't say you have an opinion on the "series" genius. So, again, why are you on this forum?

Once again, you prove you have no idea what you're talking about.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#32PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:35:03 AM
Part of my problem with this is the aesthetic. Metal Gear Solid had a lot small rooms with dim lights, stains, and a focused color palette. This one has a typical action setting. "Here's a place. Fight in this place!"
#33RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 12:38:54 AM
Okay, so apparently TC is mad at the game because it's "not serious, has gimmicky characters, unnecessary attempts at being cool"
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#34PixelDaemonPosted 1/27/2013 12:40:53 AM
It'll be a fun game with fun combat. That's enough for me out of an action game, as long as it's excecuted well. I've got faith in Plat.

Don't get me wrong...I'm very picky when it comes to games....but combat is usually a priority. If it delivers on that front and keeps the entertainment value up, I'm good. That's why Bayonetta is such a masterpiece.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#35SxmfctPosted 1/27/2013 12:41:01 AM
The MGS series started veering downhill after MGS3 and finally fell off the cliff after MGS4

MGR looks like any other bog-standard "Hit buttons as fast as you can and you may even pull out a combo" type game. Sad because MGS2 + 3 are two of my favourite games
---
"PC's are stupid. There's basically nothing PC can do that an Xbox can't." - GorillaOnRoof
#36ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/27/2013 12:42:44 AM
MGR will be the best in the series and you know it.
#37RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 12:45:30 AM
Sxmfct posted...
The MGS series started veering downhill after MGS3 and finally fell off the cliff after MGS4

MGR looks like any other bog-standard "Hit buttons as fast as you can and you may even pull out a combo" type game. Sad because MGS2 + 3 are two of my favourite games

It's not meant to be a MGS game.....it never was. We're lucky we're even getting the thing since it was almost scrapped before they gave Plat a shot at the concept and let them create their own game with it.
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#38PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:48:52 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay, so apparently TC is mad at the game because it's "not serious, has gimmicky characters, unnecessary attempts at being cool"

Didn't say the last part. I was arguing your statement that games are primarily meant to have cool main characters. I think that's an unnecessary limitation on creativity.
#39RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 1:04:37 AM
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Didn't say the last part. I was arguing your statement that games are primarily meant to have cool main characters. I think that's an unnecessary limitation on creativity.

That uh, was something you started and ateball commented on.

And while you didn't say specifically that, you did say "Who says the main character has to be "cool"?"

If they don't have to be cool, then by you saying they don't have to be cool, it's an unnecessary thing.
---
#40Pale HorsemanPosted 1/27/2013 1:20:14 AM
An action game with fun gameplay is bad now? Really?
---
fudrick: Stupid person, snakes bad dogs good!