This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising comes off as a B game.

#41Ben__AffleckPosted 1/27/2013 1:20:33 AM
Metal Gear anything comes off as a b-game.. at least the dumb storyline does. That story is something you'd see in the middle of the night on the Sy-Fy channel.
---
you just got Affleck'd
#42SophisticationPosted 1/27/2013 1:29:43 AM
Ben__Affleck posted...
Metal Gear anything comes off as a b-game.. at least the dumb storyline does. That story is something you'd see in the middle of the night on the Sy-Fy channel.

My sentiments exactly.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#43megaultrarice34Posted 1/27/2013 1:40:50 AM
Where are my 20-30 minute cutscenes in my hack and slash action game?!! >:(
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#44ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/27/2013 1:49:02 AM
Pale Horseman posted...
An action game with fun gameplay is bad now? Really?

Everything is bad on gamefaqs.
#45HolyMcmolyPosted 1/27/2013 2:00:51 AM
Now that you mention it, those side characters were pretty awful. Both the CG and the characters themselves. The levels look incredibly dated, it has no enemy variety, and the gameplay is way to simple. This game fails on just about every level, and I actually wanted it at one time too. And people think Platinum Games is a great developer why?
#46PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 2:01:31 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay, so apparently TC is mad at the game because it's "not serious, has gimmicky characters, unnecessary attempts at being cool"

Didn't say the last part. I was arguing your statement that games are primarily meant to have cool main characters. I think that's an unnecessary limitation on creativity.

That uh, was something you started and ateball commented on.

And while you didn't say specifically that, you did say "Who says the main character has to be "cool"?"

If they don't have to be cool, then by you saying they don't have to be cool, it's an unnecessary thing.

Yeah, but I didn't criticize it for being cool. Jesus. Don't be a twit when you argue with me.
#47RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 2:05:57 AM
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay, so apparently TC is mad at the game because it's "not serious, has gimmicky characters, unnecessary attempts at being cool"

Didn't say the last part. I was arguing your statement that games are primarily meant to have cool main characters. I think that's an unnecessary limitation on creativity.

That uh, was something you started and ateball commented on.

And while you didn't say specifically that, you did say "Who says the main character has to be "cool"?"

If they don't have to be cool, then by you saying they don't have to be cool, it's an unnecessary thing.

Yeah, but I didn't criticize it for being cool. Jesus. Don't be a twit when you argue with me.

Okay, so you're mad at the game because it's not serious and has gimmicky characters, congrats then, you're officially a complete twit yourself. Pull the stick out of yourself and chill the **** out about the game, christ.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#48ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/27/2013 2:13:43 AM
HolyMcmoly posted...
. And people think Platinum Games is a great developer why?

Perfect track record and MGR is shaping up to be on-par with Bayonetta.
#49sharinguyPosted 1/27/2013 2:23:51 AM
I'm glad they decided to go with gameplay over pretending to have good graphics on a console and went with 60FPS. More games should run at 60 FPS and have some semi wide areas instead of being a corridor running at below 30FPS to pretend to have good graphics. But they fail even at that because the games run sub HD with no fancy effects like AA and the such.
---
PSN: Dorman_777
Pokemon Black FC: 5414-9379-0757
#50produnerPosted 1/27/2013 3:01:11 AM
The game has some technical stuff that you are clueless about, TC. Keep on playing mainstream shooters and rpgs.