This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising comes off as a B game.

#51DaggeraxePosted 1/27/2013 3:11:34 AM
It was pretty obvious to me from watching the trailers and knowing that Platinum Games is developing it, that this game's story and characters won't be as good as the MGS series, and I'm fine with that.

At least we have Ground Zeroes to look forward to. I'll just enjoy Rising for what it does best: the combat. The demo proves yet again that Platinum Games is the king of pure action games.
#52Rude HeroPosted 1/27/2013 3:12:57 AM
Poor topic.

This looks like a copy and paste response with the exception of Raiden being mentioned. There is substance to the initial post whatsoever and could be directed at every game. Lame.
---
Official Silver Knight Straight Sword of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board
#53OEIO999Posted 1/27/2013 3:45:35 AM
Apparently Hideo Kojima didn't work on it, so I'm not surprised
#54NewavePosted 1/27/2013 4:28:44 AM
I for one look forward to it because it seems to be nothing like the other MGS games and a lot more like Nanobreaker, a game that is awesome and desperately needs a sequel, remake or this, an MGS spinoff thingy.

I'll take what I can get in these meager times of shallow casual games, mobile gaming, motion controlled happy-go-lucky fun-time for toddlers mainstream games and other useless garbage I have no use for.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#55stawg007Posted 1/27/2013 4:29:26 AM
Yeah, judging characters and story from a 10 minute demo seems very logical
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#56RollingCradlePosted 1/27/2013 4:30:00 AM
...Just like all the other Metal Gears, so whats the problem again?
#57PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:36:14 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay, so apparently TC is mad at the game because it's "not serious, has gimmicky characters, unnecessary attempts at being cool"

Didn't say the last part. I was arguing your statement that games are primarily meant to have cool main characters. I think that's an unnecessary limitation on creativity.

That uh, was something you started and ateball commented on.

And while you didn't say specifically that, you did say "Who says the main character has to be "cool"?"

If they don't have to be cool, then by you saying they don't have to be cool, it's an unnecessary thing.

Yeah, but I didn't criticize it for being cool. Jesus. Don't be a twit when you argue with me.

Okay, so you're mad at the game because it's not serious and has gimmicky characters, congrats then, you're officially a complete twit yourself. Pull the stick out of yourself and chill the **** out about the game, christ.

You keep throwing the word "mad" at me. That doesn't dismiss my opinion. Do you just not want anybody to criticize anything you're interested in?
#58PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:37:03 PM
produner posted...
The game has some technical stuff that you are clueless about, TC. Keep on playing mainstream shooters and rpgs.

By "technical", are you referring to programming or design?
#59yohabrohaPosted 1/27/2013 12:38:50 PM
there's already been interviews discussing the complete disaster that this game turned into. everyone involved with it sounds like they have given up hope on it. don't know what everyone's expecting after that...
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.
#60PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:39:24 PM
Rude Hero posted...
Poor topic.

This looks like a copy and paste response with the exception of Raiden being mentioned. There is substance to the initial post whatsoever and could be directed at every game. Lame.

I could say similar things of this post, but the main point is that it's a blatant lie.