This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

if next gen blocked used games but halved the retail price of new games...

#11ps3_gamer_norgePosted 1/27/2013 1:18:13 PM
fallenswords posted...
PStrife posted...
That would never happen. Launch prices would actually be increased on purpose, as now they have your metaphorical balls gripped inside a metaphorical vice.

but the argument for that would be that since they no longer have to compete against piracy or used games because of the intrusive DRM they could afford to lower the price.

edit: not to mention most games wholesale for $30

that is the silliest argument i have heard this year in regards to anything.
#12anonymous46773Posted 1/27/2013 1:29:07 PM
I would be happy.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#13ChuckStankPosted 1/27/2013 1:31:13 PM
You don't make money if you lower the price.
---
PSN: ChuckStank
Liberalism is a cancer to this country.
#14crazyman32Posted 1/27/2013 1:39:14 PM
This won't happen TC so,no point in talking about it.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#15ab2c4Posted 1/27/2013 1:40:59 PM
I would love it and I know I would end up buying a lot more games because of it.
#16majin nemesisPosted 1/27/2013 1:47:52 PM
i would still hate it, blocking used games is asking for trouble
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 1/27/2013 1:49:19 PM
Block used, prices stay the same, doesn't matter to me. I don't buy used.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#18kyncaniPosted 1/27/2013 1:51:18 PM
... indie games much ? ;)
#19PStrifePosted 1/27/2013 8:34:11 PM
I likes to remember the Austraila, in Australia gps are better off importing due to the clearly over-exaggerated prices with far too many ridiculous launch prices.

Despite the International economic nonsense, they still are getting mightily ripped off with launch priced games for no logical reason whatsoever at this point, outside of inflated & out of date currency conversion and import fees. Which make no sense these days, as many hurdles have been sorta fixed.

You really don't want to know how this actually plays out in a decade with the "console" games. Poor gps really don't want to see that metaphorical vice inching closer and closer. I see why gps don't want to acknowledge it's existence now.
#20The_King82Posted 1/28/2013 2:36:37 AM
Smh.