This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

im thinking about buying a ps3 and i have questions.

#1campersniperPosted 1/27/2013 10:07:51 AM
do you think ps4 is really less than a year away?

is skyrim the only really bad 360 port to ps3?

the main reason i want to jump ship to ps3 is cause 360's fee to play online but i understand you can't back up most game saves to usb stick on ps3. saves can only be backed up by cloud which requires a psn+ fee. correct?

how are the super slims holding up?

when is the price drop!
---
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat.
#2EoinPosted 1/27/2013 10:23:38 AM
campersniper posted...
do you think ps4 is really less than a year away?

Yes, and if it does turn out to be more than a year away, it is extremely unlikely to be significantly more.

campersniper posted...
is skyrim the only really bad 360 port to ps3?

There's a lot of games that don't play quite as well on PS3 as they do on 360 (and some - although not as many - that are better on PS3). However the majority of modern games are almost identical across both consoles. Skyrim isn't the only game worse on PS3, but very few games show such a difference.

campersniper posted...
the main reason i want to jump ship to ps3 is cause 360's fee to play online but i understand you can't back up most game saves to usb stick on ps3. saves can only be backed up by cloud which requires a psn+ fee. correct?

Most game saves can be backed up to USB. However there are a lot of saves that can only be backed up the the cloud storage and that does require a PlayStation Plus subscription.

campersniper posted...
how are the super slims holding up?

It's too early to tell, although the slims are doing fine so there's no reason to think that the super slim models will have any issues.

campersniper posted...
when is the price drop!

Price drops are never publicised more than a small amount of time in advance. It could be next week or in two years or anywhere in between.
#3Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/27/2013 10:30:13 AM
Sony said they're waiting for MS to make the first move, who knows.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#4EoinPosted 1/27/2013 10:34:53 AM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
Sony said they're waiting for MS to make the first move, who knows.

That was only referring to the announcement of the console though. There's no way that either Sony or Microsoft are going to postpone or change their plans based on what the other says or when they say it.